substitute transistors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

substitute transistors

I have to make do with what I can get here, need a substitution website. I ordered an nte 999 voltage reference transistor to replace a Fairchild tl 431 regulator. When it never came, the counter guy sells me an nte 2395 mosfet, says it will do the job.
    What do you guys think? I found US-element14.com and they do some substitiutes.

Re: substitute transistors

if your parts place not only cant get a 431 but also trys to sell a mosfet to replace it run!
    the 999 is a valid sub.

Comment

TL431 is a microamp reference regulator, must replace it as such. suitable items:

TL431 from various makers (it's common part)
      KIA431
      etc.

BTW, EGC stuff is shoddy. Plenty of other electronics have it somewhere (especially TVs, and power supplies often have it, old monitors also have it).

Cheers, Wizard

Comment

Yeah, kc8adu, I thought it was goofy. I asked the guy how long he had been in electronics, he said years, learned it in some school.
        I only have these guys and Radio Shack here. As long as I know what I want, I have a chance. Some stuff is fairly priced, but some caps (2200 uf) or mosfets cost five bucks each. It's killing me. To get something in the mail is slow, slow, slow. UPS is a minimum of thirty bucks for one pound or less.
        I end up breaking up stuff I find for components, that's why I need all the equivalent substitution info I can get.
        I'm just trying to do simple stuff, fix my little power supplies, and make a joule thief. I save all my old aa batteries, the wife wants to illuminate an old coffee pot.

Comment

Working...
        X