imac G5 20" 3rd led not turning on?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

imac G5 20" 3rd led not turning on?

I have a iMac G5 in which i can't get the 3rd light or video to post. The unit chimes up, I hear the superdrive engaging and the 1st and 2nd light come on without problems. I tried know working power supplies and no luck. I even tried a working LCD inverter and no luck. I did a visual inspection of the caps on the mobo and now look like there swelling or blown. IS there anything else I can do to check? thanks in advance.

Re: imac G5 20" 3rd led not turning on?

Bad graphics BGA. You can have it re-balled. A few shops offer it.
    veritas odium parit

Comment

Wired, I just hooked up an extra screen lying around and it worked! I removed the tested screen and hooked it back up and the screen now works. The only thing I am concerned about is when turned on the screen flashed black twice and then shows the white apple logo. Sigh of a bad BGA?

Comment

Ok. That sounds more like a bad cable or connector to the panel. Try not tightening the screws to far and see if it stays. Had to fix the cable connector to the mobo on a replacement panel a few months ago that did the same thing. Intermittent connection in the plug under all that tape and shield.
        veritas odium parit

Comment

Working...
        X