Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Recovering Windows XP Key without Windows?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recovering Windows XP Key without Windows?

I had XP loaded on my son's computer. Motherboard died, I'd like to recover the key. That was the only Windows machine in use here. Magic Jelly Bean only retrieves key from the Primary HDD not the Slave. I got Jelly Bean to run under Linux(Wine) but of course the key is not on the Primary.

Any Ideas? If I could run it from a CD emulating DOS or even an actual floppy?

Re: Recovering Windows XP Key without Windows?

run winecfg, open the drives drive tabs, add a drive letter (i like W myself), in the "Path" box point it to wherever the drive is mounted. Done.
    Things I've fixed: anything from semis to crappy Chinese $2 radios, and now an IoT Dildo....

"Dude, this is Wyoming, i hopped on and sent 'er. No fucking around." -- Me

Excuse me while i do something dangerous

You must have a sad, sad boring life if you hate on people harmlessly enjoying life with an animal costume.

Sometimes you need to break shit to fix it.... Thats why my lawnmower doesn't have a deadman switch or engine brake anymore

Follow the white rabbit.

Comment

What about the XP environment provided by Hiren's Boot CD ?
      better to keep quiet and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt

Comment

ProduKey from Nirsoft allows you to select drives/directories.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbeark View Post
          Magic Jelly Bean only retrieves key from the Primary HDD not the Slave.
          Nope.
          Magic Jelly Bean works fine for secondary partitions too. Just click on
          Tools -> Load Hive
          and point it to the partition that contains the registry for the OS you are trying to get. That's it.

Originally posted by diif View Post
          ProduKey from Nirsoft allows you to select drives/directories.
          Yup, I have that one as well. Let me know if you can't find it and I will dig it out for ya (on my other PC, I think, or possibly one of my former work drives).
          Last edited by momaka; 04-07-2018, 11:53 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X