Samsung UN55H6300AF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung UN55H6300AF

Hi, Any ideas as to what is wrong would be greatly appreciated.
    I have a Samsung UN55H6300AF that just quit suddenly. Now, when I plug it in, I get a solid red light. When I power it on with the remote the red light goes out and I get the “Samsung digital” splash screen for a second then the screen goes dark. I can tell the led back lights are still working. At this point, the TV will not respond to any commands from the remote. I cannot get a menu, source indication, anything. In fact when I try to turn it off, it will not respond. I have to disconnect the power cord for it to turn off.
    Thanks in advance for you help / suggestions.

Re: Samsung UN55H6300AF

corrupt eeprom
    I assume no responsibility for any stupid suggestions I might post.

Comment

Originally posted by dskall View Post
      corrupt eeprom
      sounds like it

Comment

So, I am guessing that the easiest, quickest solution would be replacing the main board?
        Thanks for the help,

Comment

Originally posted by ggil44 View Post
          So, I am guessing that the easiest, quickest solution would be replacing the main board?
          Thanks for the help,
          That's true, but I suspect that a replacement main board will not be cheap as compared to replacing an eeprom. Just depends on how deep your pockets are. See shopjimmy.com/ebay to get a feel for the price of a main bord.

Comment

I am not familiar with Eproms and how to install them. Can they be purchased already programed for my application or do I have to find someone to program it? Main boards that fit this TV can be purchased on eBay for about $90. (taken from a TV with a broken LCD.)

Comment

The main board does not have an eeprom. It has 2 software chips, but I guarantee you no one sells these. The good news however is that you can buy any of the following boards that go to a 6900 series or lower and it will work with your set.

http://www.shopjimmy.com/catalogsear...?q=BN41-02157B

The 7000 series and higher generally will have different connectors and more options. Also usually more expensive. Lastly, based off size, it is possible if you buy a 40" version main board, the screen will appear upside down or inverted. This would be easily fixed by going into the service menu and changing the type of panel used.
              Good luck

Comment

Thank you "Nick's Tvs" The mainboard on my TV is "BN94-07774Q". I am assuming from you response that there are many mainboards that are interchangeable with my series of TV and still provide all the original features? I just had another sort of off topic thought which I have no idea about but could I substitute an 3D mainboard to bring the TV to 3D capable or is the LCD panel completely different? Just a curiosity question.

Comment

I did follow your link to shopjimmy and of the 45 boards listed, 42 were out of stock including my BN94-07774Q but I was able to find one on eBay. I just hope the main board is the culprit.
                  Thanks,

Comment

Update, Bought a BN94-07774Q mainboard on eBay, it was delivered today. I installed it and the TV is back to normal. Thanks everyone for the help in directing me to a fixable solution. Still would like to know if the panels on 3D TV's are different than the panels on 2D TV's.

Thanks again,

Comment

Working...
                    X