Raspberry Pi HDMI problems re. power supplies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Raspberry Pi HDMI problems re. power supplies

On a Raspberry Pi 3, I had a problem with a particular power supply (5V 3A - IC controller, all caps changed) which there is disk activity but no HDMI output; when I disconnected the Micro USB power cable and reconnected it with the power supply on, the problem did not occur.
    So I made a simple power-on delay switch (555 based) which turns on after about two seconds after the power supply starts up so I can avoid this problem in my particular installation.
    My first choice in quality Japanese electrolytics is Nippon Chemi-Con, which has been in business since 1931... the quality of electronics is dependent on the quality of the electrolytics.

Re: Raspberry Pi HDMI problems re. power supplies

Have you tried adding
    Code:
    hdmi_force_hotplug=1
    or
    Code:
    hdmi_drive=2
    to the config.txt?

Comment

I tried chaning the HDMI drive parameter but not the hot plug option.
      My first choice in quality Japanese electrolytics is Nippon Chemi-Con, which has been in business since 1931... the quality of electronics is dependent on the quality of the electrolytics.

Comment

Originally posted by Mad_Professor View Post
        Have you tried adding
        Code:
        hdmi_force_hotplug=1
        or
        Code:
        hdmi_drive=2
        to the config.txt?
        I have changed the hotplug option and is OK without the need to delay the DC.

Comment

Working...
        X