X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello, everyone!

I'm Joseph, and I repair, build, and also collect computers, which I've been doing for about seven years. I have lots of computers, laptops and desktops alike, and I just love the satisfaction of restoring them from total scrap to beloved treasure.

I've browsed this website a bit in the past, especially once I got into capacitor replacement and soldering not very long ago, with my first project being a Netgear WGR614 router with a single bad capacitor. It would emit a constant squeal for as long as the router was powered up. I've since restored that router.

Since then, I've been doing plenty of soldering, which led me to restoring at least one computer motherboard and monitor. I never knew I'd like soldering so much, until recently!

I hope to learn new things here at BadCaps.net! Take care, everyone.

Comment

Hi all.... I'm Gordo and found this site via the avsforum.com site (thanks budwich if that's your name on here too!).

I generally know my way around the software of a PC pretty well and enjoy still and video editing (and long walks on the beach!.... I keed, I keed!) I'm not that handy with the hardward electronics end of things but did build my own PC from a kit, though it was fairly elementary. I do like to pick the brains of the tech friends I have.

I'm specifically here because of the latest symptoms on our Sharp TV and hope I will eventually be allowed to post, especially since I have the pics to prove it!

Comment

New guy here... Hello everybody! Just tinkering around with a "broken" TV. Stumbled upon this site when I got a little lost. Looks like a great spot. Glad to be a part of a network of other 'tinkerers' (I think thats what we've been reduced to, at least in my experience)

Looking forward to any information I gain or provide!

Comment

hello, just joined. this community seems like a home for me. thanks!

Comment

howdy, hurricane matthew hit my tv lol need to fix it

Comment

yes.thank you. i agreed.

Comment

Hello! I'm trying to save my plasma TV from the junkyard, Google brought me here!

Comment

Hi friends,

This is Wendy from China, my company is a professional manufacturer for ultrasonic cleaner --- Limplus ultrasonic cleaner.
                  There are many customers ask us what solvent to use for ultrasonic cleaning PC motherboard, I need some advice. Thanks.

Comment

Hello! I am Buenos Aires based, have some electronics knowledge and would like to participate in the forum. Thank you.

Comment

Hi, everyone ! I am Toll and I am here to become better)

Comment

Hail to the comunity!!!
                        I'm just a little guy (30 years old) that has a small computer/tv/mobilephone repair shop.
                        I repair thing since I was 11 (yes, I did it for friends). I started with computers and now I do basically everything.
                        Obviously the worst thing to deal with (for me) are customers (lol).... You know... that person that wants to repair that thing for 20 bucks the next day that they took the piece of junk to you... And the repair is normally "supercomplicated"...
                        I come from Italy (sorry for my basic english ahahah).
                        I follow this community since the beginning, but this time I decided to subscribe!
                        Thanks for all the precious help that you gave me in all this years!

Comment

I am a retired tv / video/ sat engineer that had a repair shop after leaving Rumbelows and British relay as a senior engineer. Started when ITV first started as England's second channel. Long time. now 73yrs young. Still try to keep my hand in to help others in trouble with their tv's etc

Comment

Hi all,i m going to be short on the introdution and sorry for my english because i m Portuguese,my name is Daniel Castro and my work is to repair washingmashines and dishwashers and all of the other that you have in your kitchen,but at the last two years i m also reparing TVs and LCDs and trying to learn more about laptops and eletronics,i m here if you need help with your home machines,but for the rest i m here to be asking kestions to people who know more than me.
                            Thanks in advance ...

Comment

Hello,

My name's Evan and my Sharp Aquos 60" TV just broke on me so I found these forums to help me fix it! Posting here so I can create my own post soon and get some help. Thanks in advance for all the help.

Comment

Hello,

My name is Ryan and I have a 55" vizio that is not working. I have some technical background mainly in the Industrial Maintenance world. Just posting to start my journey of fixing this thing. Money is tight and hate to throw it away at another TV. What I ve found so far on this site has been super helpful and just need a couple questions answered. Thanks

Comment

Greetings,

I am instrument technician and found this forum searching info about Toshiba 55g310u service menu/manual and i decided to join because it is an interesting and useful forum for what i have seen by now. thanks for the forum and lets keep changing knowledge.

Comment

Hello all, Glad you're here. I'm a 47 year old, married, father of 3 teens. I'm a 30+ year automotive mechanic by trade and as such always tinkering. I repaired a viewsonic monitor's power supply about 3 years ago and it's looking like a motherboard is in my immediate future. My wife's desktop (homeschool curriculum, kid's grade histories, too many pictures to count, etc.) just quit reliably running the on board video. All the stuff is backed up but she's familiar with the layout and how everything works. So we'll give it a shot.

Andy

Comment

if someone knows how to get into the service menu of a Toshiba TV model 55g310u will be awesome. I have tried using ([mute mute hold mute then menu], [volume down and botton 9] and [menu picture icon then introduce 9301]) non of them work.

I changed a damaged main board and replaced it with a main board from a 46g310u instead of the original 55g310u tv is working but with some kind of solarization image.
                                      I think all i have to do is make the correct changes in the service menu to the panel option.

Comment

Hello everyone, I am James. Newb in the forum

Comment

Hi Guys
                                          kiwi lad from new zealand, love computers and smart phones and have started getting into tv repairs, having a bit of trouble with one so thought id post in here

Comment

Working...
                                          X