LG42PC1D power board swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LG42PC1D power board swap

I picked up a LG42PC1D with a broken screen about four weeks ago and have sold the x+y sus on ebay, yesterday on ebay there was a 42PC1D that clicks on then off, One email and a trip to collect and it is now on the table with its back off, This is were my luck runs out the power supply board looks nothing like the one i have spare from the broken set although the connections all match?What would you do stick it in and hope it works, Take a look at the photos and tell me what you think. Thanks for now Flocko
    Attached Files

Re: LG42PC1D power board swap

Sorry board number in the set is 6709900019A my spare is 6709900023A i have looked on ebay and the boards from the US show both types with the 6709900023A number?

Comment

I have seen both boards used in LG plasma TVs. The one you see there is much nicer -- and an earlier revision -- made by Sanken I believe. They then swapped to the other design, which was made by LG and uses crappy Samwha caps etc.

You can swap them across if all the output voltages and connections match.
      Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
      For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Thanks Tom thats just what i was about to do, All the voltage are the same with the new board the amps are higher Flocko

Comment

Set powers on but will not let me retune it keep asking for pass code, if i go to the factory reset option on the menu to turn off or reset pass code it just stops me and asks for the pass code? have done the menu on set menu on remote but i dont know how to reset it there anyone?

Comment

Just for reference a code of 7777 will default the code lock,Ok now have all tuned in with bit of screen flashing, Screen sticker gives Va 60v / Vs 186v +- 5.2v actual setting Va 56v vs 175v if i adjust the Vs up the flashing gets worst and washed out if i bring down the voltage to its lowest 164v the picture gets better but still flashes a little.

Comment

Check -Vy and Vsc on the Y-sustain board, and Vzbias on the Z-sustain board.

You need to set Vs & Va to the panel sticker rating then tackle the other three voltages.
              Last edited by tom66; 02-12-2013, 07:40 AM.
              Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
              For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Thanks Tom i think i have found -Vy on Y sus on a resistor on the bottom of the board what voltage should i see here and is it adjusted on the small stand off board, have found Vz bias will take some photos and put up.
                Last edited by flocko; 02-12-2013, 07:56 AM. Reason: up date

Comment

Does this set have a PDP42X3 panel? I think it does as I worked on this one before.

Alignment guide (many panels including 42X2, 42X3, and 42X4):
                  http://www.tgohome.com/ServiceManual...&Search=Submit

Test points are indicated there.

Comment

Y sus and Z sus photos showing Vsc and -Vy on Y Sus board and Vz Bias on Z Sus you will have to run me though how to reset the voltages i have not had to do this before ( i have reset the Va and Vs voltages to the spec on the sticker) thanks for all your help. Flocko
                    Attached Files

Comment

Hi Tom do i need to set these in any order ie will one effect the other or not

Comment

They are all independent, first check them against panel ratings.

Comment

Hi Tom having trouble hitting these voltage Vy wont go under 235v dont no why but i did a low voltage test and they are all reading low 3.3v =2.8 12v =11.8 might be a good time for a new meter battery, I will go over the old power board and pull the caps and test them later will let you know what i find Thanks again for your help Flocko

Comment

Hi Tom I have been looking over the two power boards again and have just seen the old one 6709900019A has a 3.3v output the other 6709900023A the output is 3.4v would you think this would give a problem

Comment

I don't think so. It's just a nominal voltage, it's usually got a tolerance of around ±0.15V anyway.

Comment

Well i think i have the answer can a 6709900023A be used as a replacement for a 6709900019A Yes and No. Yes it will work but not very well, all the voltages are right the plugs all match and the set will run,you can adjust the Va+ Vs but the picture is bad.
                                Why the No then, the set the 6709900023A came from was a LG42PC1Dv and the set it was going in is a LG42PC1D and is a higher definition so need more power(amps) to drive it, not on the Va/Vs as you would think but on the 19v supply. The boards would be a good swap the other way round though, but dont tell anyone as mine is going back on ebay and is the only one on there.So will now set about changing all the caps and checking the faulty board. Thank again to Tom for his help with this Flocko

Comment

well after fiting all new caps the power board is back in the set, when you power up we go from red to blue the relay clicks in and after 3sec drop out and back to red light. with the relay in i have the following
                                  12v=11.9
                                  3.4v=3.42
                                  6v=5.9
                                  19v=19.2
                                  Vs on is .04v in standby and with the relay on, as the relay clicks off it jumps up to 4.75v before dropping back to.04v
                                  Sb 5v=4.9v in standby 4.9v with relay click on
                                  RL on=0.04v " " 4,72v " "
                                  Ac det 4.85v " " 4.82v " "
                                  Vs rises to about 160v before falling back
                                  Va . " " 56v " "
                                  The only caps not yet changed are the 68uF 450v and the two large 270uF 450v on the primary side, the two 280uF 250v, 1 know it has to be some thing on the power supply as it all worked with the other board will order 68uF 450 cap today what do you think

Comment

You may have the same issue as the 50PC1D I am working on.

Comment

Hi Tom The Vs (on) is not right the voltage does not come up till the relay drops out, as if it is not building fast enough, as i say have almost changed all the caps on the board, but as you do just put them in and did not test any, what is the board number your working on?

Comment

Just put the other board back to check Vs on voltage and with this in you get two clicks one relay comes in then the second so my well be the 68uF 450v cap that failed will pull it and test it with my cap tester.

Comment

Working...
                                        X