No announcement yet.

Vizio vp422hdtv10a no audio,no video.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Vizio vp422hdtv10a no audio,no video.

Checked for power switch operation @ J9 , milli volts drop with pressing the power button.Were does PSON get voltage from?Shouldnt it be 2.2v ish?

Comment

How do i check DC-DC?

Comment

You need to post clearer shots so I can see where the DC-DC converters are on this. But from looking at a few posts here Vizio rarely use them.
        Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
        For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

i dont know if it actually has dc/dc...the link u sent for manualls,just asks is it is ok.

Comment

If the power supply is blinking then the problem is isolated to that board. I have fixed a couple of these and it was a regulator on the power supply. The part number is MR4030. Fuse may be blown and two diodes are likely shorted. The diodes were a UF4007 and a MUR460G.

Check for a bad fuse and a short in the peripheral circuit of the MR4030.

Comment

The power supply used to blink 3x's.and now is steady.re-check 3 ceramic fuses,ok
              found Mr4030,see diodes uf4007, cant find Mur460g. what does it look like? im a nob to t.v. repair. thanx for input, havent checked them electronically yet,sounds like my issue.

Comment

The MUR460g is the large diode in that circuit. It has a different part number but is equivalent to the MUR460g. It is a 600V 4A ultrafast rectifier. The MR4030 might have a short between ground and the source. I think they are pins 3(gnd) and 5(source) or 3 and 9. Look up the data sheet for MR4030 and it will show you the circuit diagram.

Comment

I have the same tv with the exact same problem, it will not power on. I've done all of the same diagnostic tests with the same results. The only exception is that the PS-ON pin on the power supply reads 4.07 in stand by, and .48 with power on. All of the caps look good, fuses ok, power supply voltage readings all seem to be good. I'm new to this, so I'm open to all suggestions. The main board is PN-0171-2272-2587

Comment

Originally posted by Peter B View Post
                    tv set doesnt turn on,in stand-by, PSON reads .497VDC,
                    pressing power button changes nothing.

My penny's worth to an old thread. On my bench right now I have a Sonic PDP 501 50inch plasma that had the same symptom of relay clicking on, then off. Fault cured by cleaning up Micom pcb (small stand up pcb) on power supply board, and re-soldering up the pins that connect it to the main power supply pcb.

My Sonic power supply is identical to the the one in the first photo at the beginning of this thread. I had googled " Samsung W3 micom" to find out more about the board, and was lead back to MADCAPS sorry, BADCAPS.

Comment

Working...
                    X