Samsung ue50mu6120k

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung ue50mu6120k

Hi guys been a while since I have asked for help!
    Right I have a Samsung ue50mu6120k, when you power it up the screen flashes randomly, the front led goes off and on, I read about leaving it plugged in for 4 hours switched on connected to the internet, hoping it will update but nothing has changed.
    I dont know what firmware it's on or anything as I can't get anything up on screen to find out, tried info-menu-mute-power doesn't seem to work. Can I update using a USB stick even though I don't see what I'm clicking?

I have checked voltages and they all work out right, ok if I disconnect the lvds cables from the screen the leds stay on also if I unplug the main from the PSu
    I have checked all tab bonds and they look fine no burns and I have checked for shorts on screen pcbs no whilst the screen flashes the 3.5v to the psu drops out and comes back, I have read another user has the same fault after software update so I'm rather hoping that's all it is what do you guys think?
    Any help will be great thanks guys

Gary
    Attached Files

Re: Samsung ue50mu6120k

Any Samsung pros about ?
    Gary

Comment

Try unplug tv from internet, unplug tv from outlet, wait 5 minutes, plug tv back in, leaving internet unplugged, see if anything changes, could be some kind of broken loop in an online firmware update attempt, could also try a factory reset while leaving internet unplugged.

Comment

Originally posted by nomoresonys View Post
        Try unplug tv from internet, unplug tv from outlet, wait 5 minutes, plug tv back in, leaving internet unplugged, see if anything changes, could be some kind of broken loop in an online firmware update attempt, could also try a factory reset while leaving internet unplugged.
        Tried that also, I have ordered another main board I'm sure it's not the screen but you just never know, it's still under warranty but I'm not sure if the previous owner had claimed on it I will ask if the board doesn't solve the problem when it gets here, I just thought there was a way of doing an update by USB blind as you can't see the screen I tried info menu mute power to no avail I read somewhere there's an app for a phone with an infa red sender on it to control the tv as if it was a service remote I wouldn't know what I'm clicking though lol
        It only cost me £40 so I'm not that worried if it's a gonna

Regards
        Gary

Comment

Board didn't help at all same result any ideas please

Comment

disconnect just one of. the tcon to panel cables... what is the result? try just the other one.

Comment

I disconnect the lvds cables from the screen the leds stay on
              Can you then hear audio if you raise the sound. May have to try the different inputs.

Also if only one of the cables from the Tcon to the panel is disconnected, will the set come up with half a picture and if not reconnect and then disconnect the other ribbon going to the panel.

(There's no photo of the Tcon so I don't know how many ribbon cables there are to the panel.)
              Willing to help but I'm no expert.

Comment

Originally posted by budwich View Post
                disconnect just one of. the tcon to panel cables... what is the result? try just the other one.
                Tried that say left side leds still flicker disconnect left plug in right leds stay on no picture not even half

Comment

Originally posted by dick_barton View Post
                  Can you then hear audio if you raise the sound. May have to try the different inputs.

Also if only one of the cables from the Tcon to the panel is disconnected, will the set come up with half a picture and if not reconnect and then disconnect the other ribbon going to the panel.

(There's no photo of the Tcon so I don't know how many ribbon cables there are to the panel.)
                  Haven't tried sound as the whole set is switching off I will try again tomorrow tried the ribbon thing and one side lights flicker and set restarts other side leds stay on, there is no tcon its direct to screen it's straight mainboard to screen pcbs
                  Last edited by comptek; 06-17-2018, 02:33 PM.

Comment

You say that with the LVDS cables removed the set stays on so it would be interesting to see if the mainboard is functioning. ie sound.

If it's one of the LVDS cables resetting the set then it may well be a panel fault or one of the capacitors gone faulty on the integrated tcon shorting one of the tcon supplies.
                    Willing to help but I'm no expert.

Comment

Originally posted by dick_barton View Post
                      You say that with the LVDS cables removed the set stays on so it would be interesting to see if the mainboard is functioning. ie sound.

If it's one of the LVDS cables resetting the set then it may well be a panel fault or one of the capacitors gone faulty on the integrated tcon shorting one of the tcon supplies.
                      Yes Dick I checked all caps and I'm going to check resistors they are placed as e.g R131 C131 and only one place so its going to be tuff not knowing it's a cap or resistor there was a few that showed up s/c but not sure if they are across anything else lol

Thanks Dick

Gary

Comment

Just an update it was a cracked screen in one corner and a damaged edge tab bond removed it panel showed picture and a 1inch crack oh well got some parts and set of leds for £40

Comment

ALL PARTS NOW AVAILABLE EMAIL OR MESSAGE ME (pm) on here
                          gaz1965@hotmail.co.uk location South Shields Newcastle U.K.

Comment

Same issue here
                            TV does not switch on if you remove the main board cable the backlights come on tried another main board and actually the same
                            Removed the lvds cables and still not even getting half a screen etc
                            Starting to think it's a bad panel ?
                            Any thoughts

Comment

check the tcon fuse on the panel driver board and the little caps for shorts or very low ohms, could also be bad diodes or other components on the driver board/s, make sure the ribbon and lvds cables are clean and secure. Could try the tape cut-off method, might work , worth a try.

Comment

Working...
                              X