Can you dignose from the photo ? . Toshiba 65S2650EV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Can you dignose from the photo ? . Toshiba 65S2650EV

I have just read the whole thread again i think realistically without you wasting more money you have done all you can with this set, i hate lcd panel issues at this point i will usually strip the tv and sell all the boards etc etc and make some cash back im only a hobbiest though plus i would never sell a tv on with a known lcd panel issue but thats just me.

Comment

i was asking to Ancient1 if is an hobbyist, i would sell a tv like this anyway if it works well without a cof, but with a less price..

Comment

I am a hobbiest. I'm pretty good at diagnosing TVs but less so with electronics.
        I can buy on Aliexpress a new PSU for 28+10 ..

I would love to know if taking the COF out actually works. For now, I need to recover from that nasty ZAP that burnt a hole , with the shape of this wire resistor in the blanket.

I might just bridge the fuse and solder the R44 wire. I doubt it will work but its an easy job, which I don't think will cause any damage since I can't believe nothing else was damaged.
        I'll upload and update here.

Comment

Originally posted by Ancient1 View Post
          I am a hobbiest. I'm pretty good at diagnosing TVs but less so with electronics.

I would love to know if taking the COF out actually works. For now, I need to recover from that nasty ZAP that burnt a hole , with the shape of this wire resistor in the blanket.

I might just bridge the fuse and solder the R44 wire. I doubt it will work but its an easy job, which I don't think will cause any damage since I can't believe nothing else was damaged.
          you can use a light bulb instead of a fuse (google dim bulb tester) maybe check the obvious on the psu like the bridge rectifier etc before trying the psu.

Comment

Stop please, without offend but replacing fuse with a wire is one activity of the most scarce technician, if i guess well that strange resistor is a replacement for the current sense resistor for mosfet sensing, and i guess it'not even original, some one have already mal-serviced this tv, never seen this object in a tv... must use a non flammable carbon resistor... i think that you have a failed main mosfet and the previous technician is a comedian..

Comment

can you link the ali express psu

Comment

you might try totally disconnecting the power supply from the boards (and backlights), then plug in and check things at the PSU. Then potentially, try some work around for the "wire fuse" and do the checks again. Then if nothing seems bad there in, you can then jumper the psu to fake it into turning on, still with nothing connected and do your checks again. At this point, you should see voltages as labelled at the power supply. Go from the results there after.
                Last edited by budwich; 12-22-2021, 08:39 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the response guys :

The PSU model is LYP02832A0 .
                  Aliexpress #item 1005001870771741 : Confirmed Identical. I just clicked in Google search results to get an idea.

I know a Fuse is a protection device. I was talking about that very thin, found in watches, copper wire that I doubt can handle 1A i.e The replacement Fuse should not allow any damaging power surge.
                  I have spare fuses, didn't check if same.

Davi.P : the R44 resistor is Original. All I want is to see if RIPPING THE TAB was successful , 3 seconds are enough.

Troubleshooting the PSU : Outside the TV :
                  Temporary: Fix Fuse, Fix R44.
                  Check Main Cap for 310V or higher.
                  No ? - Check Bridge. Check Mosfets ( under HeatSink) , Diodes etc
                  Yes ? - Check V further on Hot Side .
                  Standby V present ?
                  Yes : Auto-Start PSU by connecting StBy Pin and PSU-ON Pin on the Main-Side Braid Connector and Check for High V ( 24V, 12V )
                  No ? : go back and find the fault.
                  Last edited by Ancient1; 12-22-2021, 11:15 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the response guys :

The PSU model is LYP02832A0 .
                    Aliexpress #item 1005001870771741 : Confirmed Identical. I just clicked in Google search results to get an idea.

I know a Fuse is a protection device. I was talking about that very thin, found in watches, copper wire that I doubt can handle 1A i.e The replacement Fuse should not allow any damaging power surge.
                    I have spare fuses, didn't check if same.

Davi.P : the R44 resistor is Original. All I want is to see if RIPPING THE TAB was successful , 3 seconds are enough.

Troubleshooting the PSU : Outside the TV :
                    Temporary: Fix Fuse, Fix R44.
                    Check Main Cap for 310V or higher.
                    No ? - Check Bridge. Check Mosfets ( under HeatSink) , Diodes etc
                    Yes ? - Check V further on Hot Side .
                    Standby V present ?
                    Yes : Auto-Start PSU by connecting StBy Pin and PSU-ON Pin on the Main-Side Braid Connector and Check for High V ( 24V, 12V )
                    No ? : go back and find the fault.
                    Just looked at that ali express picture so r44 is like that from factory

Comment

R44 measured ~0.5 Ohm

Comment

Soldered and tested powering up , at the Apt.'s relevant Fuse ( for safety ) . blew up .
                        Soldered back R44 - undamaged
                        Must be a short there
                        Attached Files

Comment

Update : Shorted Bridge

Big Problem : No markings whatsoever ! working on it
                          Attached Files

Comment

Update : Shorted Bridge

Big Problem : No markings whatsoever ! working on it
                            Bet any on 600-800V, 6-8A (KBJ608G).

Comment

take one of the same size

Comment

I actually managed to see the marking using the thermal paste trick. Markings were VERY, VERY faint !

Damaged KBJ1006 : 10A 600V
                                Found and installed KBJ68G : 6A 600V .
                                I think it'll be fine for the short test wish to make. Especially since my current sense is a wire I soldered back.

I'll do a safe Power Connect ( using the Apt Fuse )
                                Auto-Start and check High V , hopefully its good now
                                Put back and try the TV
                                Attached Files

Comment

Something doesn't comes back to me, how much is your line? if is 240vac then 340vdc x 10A = 3,4kW, this has no sense.. maybe them are 2,5Ax4 so 850W, which is the power consumption of the set?... which is the thermal paste trick? Check the NTC resistance at cold..
                                  Last edited by Davi.p; 12-26-2021, 03:21 AM.

Comment

The Thermistor measures 4.5 Ohm , in circuit.
                                    Specifications say 2.5 Ohm at 25C. I think at 14C thats fine ?

I have 220V at the Wall. I don't understand the calculations, 10A or 6A are MAX

The Thermal Paste trick is to lightly spread the basic, white, thermal paste over the chip, and rub it OFF slowly with your finger/s : there will be more white left in the markings than the surface, so its clearer to read

After the Fuse didn't blow, I connected Pins PS and 5VSB :
                                    I assumed this will autostart the PSU , BUT :
                                    I did measure 5V , But 12V was 1.2V only. 24V also N/A

Do I miss something ? PS<->5VSB Pins should Auto-Start, Right ?

I am considering putting the PSU board back in the TV, perhaps the system works other than what I thought ?
                                    Attached Files
                                    Last edited by Ancient1; 12-26-2021, 05:22 AM.

Comment

That PS nomenclature is not clear, usually there's a PS-ON, but probably the pfc section is not working... check diodes and mosfets on the dismounted heatsink. NTC is good.. the calculation= 310vdc rectified ac, 6A so 310x6=1860W max consumption, it's not realistic, 310x10 even more, so if bridge is 1,5Ax4 then 310x1,5=465w, how much is the tv? Also, if NTC max I is 6A then also the bridge ok the same.. after this i don't know which is the effect of the empty cap at the start.. but the initial peak must return in the Non rip. peak of 170A..
                                      Last edited by Davi.p; 12-26-2021, 07:11 AM.

Comment

The TV is 140W
                                        I admit I don't understand your calculations.
                                        The new Bridge KBJ068G is "weaker" than the original KBJ1006 : 6A vs 10A

I didn't see any short on the Mosfets etc under the heatsink.
                                        I have another 2 under aluminium heatsink: 11N60E Power Mosfets. I will check now.

I will try the TV with the board tomorrow morning ( I don't want blowen fuses after dark , now)
                                        Attached Files
                                        Last edited by Ancient1; 12-26-2021, 10:41 AM.

Comment

I don't want to run the risk of following the same old board repair that ends in a board replacement, since the spare board is ultra cheap i suggest you to buy a new one, i know you're a bulldog but you already spent much time..

Comment

Working...
                                          X