Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung LE40A656A1F

Hi All

Got givern this TV as a scrapper. Had a quick look anf found 2 100MFD caps on the power PCB bulging. Changed the caps and the set started up. Took a look at the picture just a mass of verticle coloured lines. First thought TCON board or the LCD panel no good. As I was thinking about this the top third of the screen started to show a normal picture. After a few more minuits the normal picture extended to half way. Kept watching but nothing else happened just a normal picture in the top half and a mass of verticle coloured lines in the bottom half.
    Still thinking panel or Tcon board faulty turned the set to stand by. Switched it on again and was rewarded with a full normal picture. Now more convinced I got a replacement Tcon board. Result, I thought as soon as I turned on full picture.

Not so the next day when I tried the set same symtems as before. Switch on just a mass of coloured verticle lines. After 3 or 4 minuits top third of picture appears then half a picture. Restart set full normal pictuer appears.

Never seen this fault before. Have any of you experts got any ideas before I condem it as having a faulty LCD panel.

Any help or ideas would be much appreciated.

Regards Dave

Re: Samsung LE40A656A1F

It could be that the other caps are also bad, replace them too. without a board number or picture I am only guessing
    Caps are often bad without bulging or leaking.
    Last edited by R_J; 09-15-2018, 02:31 PM.

Comment

Yes, for sure, changing only that 2 caps is a very limited action, replace all the rest with good brands, except the biggest one 450v.

Comment

Thank you RJ and Davi.p Will do as you suggest and report back.

Many thanks for your help

Dave

Comment

Hi All

This set is giving me some grief. Just about ready to throe it in the bin.

Changed all the caps om the power supply as you all sugested. Plugged it in. The fan starts up and runs for 5 seconds then slows down and keeps repeating this sequence with the standby light flashing. Thought I had put in a bad new cap so slowly changed each one back to the original ones. Still the same result as I have just discribed.

Just about at my whits end with this set. Any ideas of either what I've done wrong or what else to try?

Dave

Comment

A capacitor replacing work can't get worse, so the replacing work is not done correctly.

Comment

Looks as though you have exactly the same fault as I have here. If I switch on and quickly toggle through the Source using the remote then occasionally I'm lucky and get a normal picture after a few changes.
              Unfortunately it does appear to be a panel fault.
              Willing to help but I'm no expert.

Comment

Working...
              X