intel server mobo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

intel server mobo

http://cgi.ebay.com/Socket-370-ATX-Intel-Server-Board-STL2-Dual-Ultra160_W0QQitemZ360093868641QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item360093868641&_trkparms=72%3A1207|39%3A1|66%3A2|65%3A12|240%3A1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

25 bucks, supports 2 370's up to 1ghz, i think it needs a special psu though? If not, i will jump all over this.

Re: intel server mobo

I don't know that board specifically, but the power connectors look like the same setup as my L440GX.
    I have no problem running that with a normal 24-pin 300W PSU. I don't have the 10-pin hooked up to anything.

Comment

Pretty sure:
      Those just need an E-ATX PSU. - 20 pin + 8 pin.
      The other connector is either/or with the 8 pin.

They are 1GHz max though. [Coppermine]

If you look around and aren't in a hurry then you can find a dual Tualatin board for about the same money.

Mann-Made Global Warming.
      - We should be more concerned about the Intellectual Climate.

-
      Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

- Dr Seuss
      -
      You can teach a man to fish and feed him for life, but if he can't handle sushi you must also teach him to cook.
      -

Comment

And, you only need this much to make an ebay link work.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Socket-370-ATX-I...mZ360093868641
        Mann-Made Global Warming.
        - We should be more concerned about the Intellectual Climate.

-
        Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

- Dr Seuss
        -
        You can teach a man to fish and feed him for life, but if he can't handle sushi you must also teach him to cook.
        -

Comment

should work fine with a common psu.
          watch out for bad tiacon caps though.i still get about 1 of these a month needing recapped.good board otherwise.
          iirc all serverworks based boards use reg ecc ram ONLY.

Comment

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=350103713907

I bought that, not really going after the power (there are 1 ghz slot 1 processors, or i can always get 2 slockets,) but it looks cool! Two big slabs of plastic and aluminum are always more interesting! Plus I have 512 (4x128) pc800 RAMBUS laying around. Might as well.

Comment

Originally posted by PCBONEZ
              Pretty sure:
              Those just need an E-ATX PSU. - 20 pin + 8 pin.
              The other connector is either/or with the 8 pin.

They are 1GHz max though. [Coppermine]

If you look around and aren't in a hurry then you can find a dual Tualatin board for about the same money.

Correct

However, given the option and if you can find them, get the
              coppermine in the FG-PGA2 heatspreader package such as
              with an SL5FQ.

Usually coppermines are in the FC-PGA package only.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by JEWilson
                Correct

However, given the option and if you can find them, get the
                coppermine in the FG-PGA2 heatspreader package such as
                with an SL5FQ.

Usually coppermines are in the FC-PGA package only.

HTH
                Usually, but they were also in the slot 1 pentium 3's, i believe 600mhz up to the fastest slot 1, 1.13ghz, before that they were the Katmai core. 1.13ghz slot 1's are hard to come by, tons of 1ghz's though. If i really make that Intel OR840 motherboard into a server, than i might go for a pair of those.

Comment

According to the Intel Spec Finder, the 1.13ghz coppermine was only available in socket-370, not slot.
                  Anyway, I doubt you'd want it. The 1.13ghz coppermine was unstable and had to be recalled. Only the tualatin versions work reliably.
                  Even when they were selling them, Intel only endorsed the Cu 1.13ghz with a specific motherboard that was tweaked with conservative settings to make it run (mostly) correctly. In the process slowing it down. It was a clock-speed PR gimmick, not a real processor.

They even gave the bugged processor the S-Spec "SL5QK", which looks like some amusing hubris to me (QuicK).

It might be of interest in a CPU collection, but it's not something you'd want to use in an SMP server.

Comment

Working...
                  X