• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Samsung LN46B610 Tiny Horizontal Lines

This sounds like a bad panel to me.
    LG Plasma Mal-Discharge Correction Service

Comment

i have fix tvs with this problem. i did this job on a 55 samsung led. the problem exist in the t-con were the ribbon goes the black strip that locks the ribbon with time and heats get bend not to see at the naked eyes, but true and freaky. first check the bad side of t-con by disconnecting one and were the clear image is the other ribbon is the bad side. what you need to do is add bit of Scotch tape in the ribbon like a center meter of tape folded and covering the pins of the ribbon.. the tape needs to be thin not to thick tape it would messed the black clip. thin is will be better... you going to see if there's change or not, if not move it to left or right or decrease the width of the center meter tape.

Comment

Originally posted by hmendez86 View Post
        i have fix tvs with this problem. i did this job on a 55 samsung led. the problem exist in the t-con were the ribbon goes the black strip that locks the ribbon with time and heats get bend not to see at the naked eyes, but true and freaky. first check the bad side of t-con by disconnecting one and were the clear image is the other ribbon is the bad side. what you need to do is add bit of Scotch tape in the ribbon like a center meter of tape folded and covering the pins of the ribbon.. the tape needs to be thin not to thick tape it would messed the black clip. thin is will be better... you going to see if there's change or not, if not move it to left or right or decrease the width of the center meter tape.
        I'm very interested in what your saying here,as I have several tv's with this problem.
        Could you explain in more detail (perhaps with pictures) what your exactly doing? KInda in the dark on the "covering the pins of the ribbon",you mean put the tape on the contact side of the ribbon? or on the other side to improve contact?
        Proud owner of dozens of broken TV's and many,many,many boards.

Our website and passion:http://hollenhundshepherds.com/

Comment

ill post pic of other TV Samsung that am working on un46d600 it has lines on top of screen i already fix it. i haven't taken picture tomorrow i do post some and how to cut tape an aline it to the ribbon

Comment

Originally posted by hmendez86 View Post
            ill post pic of other TV Samsung that am working on un46d600 it has lines on top of screen i already fix it. i haven't taken picture tomorrow i do post some and how to cut tape an aline it to the ribbon
            Yes,please do !
            Proud owner of dozens of broken TV's and many,many,many boards.

Our website and passion:http://hollenhundshepherds.com/

Comment

UPDATE : THIS TV HAVE NO SIDE TABS

Finding leaking cap on the top pcb that join panel to tcon , orthe tape fix would work aswell
              Last edited by Jeff Pepin; 09-18-2018, 09:53 PM.

Comment

any update on this, as I have the same problem on an AOU panel. Changed several TCON still same issue

Comment

Hi , this is not a sure solution, only my guess, locate a series o diodes o diode packs on the panel distribution boards , then remove them one at a time until you find the culprit, if found , replace with a proper tvs diode rated at about 35v..

Comment

Panel issue, could be component/s on panel driver board/s, could also be a bad tab bond, solved same exact line issue on an old 2010 tv not long ago with a shim over the bad/loose tab bond, if picture clears up after putting a little pressure on the tab bonds, then a shim should do the trick if that is the issue.

Comment

Hi im new to the forum and this is my first post....i know this is a old thread but noticed recet replys, i have simular problem with a Sharp 50 inch tv which i am trying to repair, my issue is slightly different as when i tur the tv on its fine for about 2 hours then the lines appear. What do you mean when you said use a shim over the bad tab bond?

Comment

this could be the problem, try a little pressure on the tab/s see if it clears up, if it does theres your problem: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=purk_SyiT44

Comment

do it after the 2 hours while the problem is active.

Comment

if a little pressure on the tabs has no effect, then try the taping method they mention above, if no joy, then might be a bad component on a panel driver board.

Comment

Working...
                            X