LG 60PB5600, won't turn on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LG 60PB5600, won't turn on

I have an LG 60PB5600 that will not turn on if the Main board is plugged in. I replaced the power board, because with everything connected the tv will not power on at all. when the main board is disconnected, Once power is applied to the tv the screen will flicker gray then go dark and it will not respond to any input or the power button. I do hear the relay click when the main board is not attached and power is applied. Any help would be much appreciated!!

Re: LG 60PB5600, won't turn on

Post a picture of your control board. This is the small green board in the middle of the set, which is connected to most of the other boards in your TV.
    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Here it is
      Attached Files

Comment

OK top right, two holes marked EXT_AUTO, get a small piece of wire or bent paperclip and join these holes together.

Then right hand large ribbon cable, remove that.

Power on set, you should see some test patterns. If so then your main board is bad (NOT your control board, the main board has HDMI ports), so order a replacement. You can use the 50PB5600 main board or the 60PB5600 main board as they should be identical.
        Last edited by tom66; 09-14-2018, 01:28 PM.
        Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
        For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

I apologize life got busy so a little late, i ran the test i saw test patterns displayed. I ordered the main board and will update once it arrives! thank you for your assistance!

Comment

i did this as i have the same tv but nothing happend. i think its power related. vs is 1.8v MA is 200MV. even with all boards connected stays the same evern tried on board at a time no change

Comment

Working...
            X