Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Giving away parts from otherwise cracked monitors/TVs: Does anyone know a group/forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Giving away parts from otherwise cracked monitors/TVs: Does anyone know a group/forum

Hi Guys
    I was just taking apart an old Medion 24inch monitor that had a cracked screen. I needed the PMMA sheet inside but I am left with the working electronics, bezels and frame. It seems a waste to just throw it out considering the extortionate prices that some vendors charge for replacement parts.
    At the same time, I dislike the commerical aspects of selling stuff.
    Does anyone know of any group where people who repair monitors/TVs trade/donate parts to each other?
    The monitor is an MD 20830 23.8inch. The owner left it face down while moving stuff and somehow cracked the LED panel. The electronics is still in good condition. I must emphasize, I dont want to give it to some repairman who will re-sell on ebay or charge the end-user an extortionate amount of money for repairs but if you are a hobbyist like me who just wants to reduce e-waste that ends up in Africa, let me know.

Re: Giving away parts from otherwise cracked monitors/TVs: Does anyone know a group/f

Try ebay maybe, sell cheap?
    <--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Motherboard Repair Services

----------------------------------------------
    Badcaps.net Forum Members Folding Team
    http://folding.stanford.edu/
    Team : 49813
    Join in!!
    Team Stats

Comment

Working...