Thank you to the guys at HEGE supporting Badcaps [ HEGE ] [ HEGE DEX Chart ]

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sharp LC-70LE757U Flashing 2-5 :-( can it be saved economically?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sharp LC-70LE757U Flashing 2-5 :-( can it be saved economically?

Just fixed mine in under an hour thanks to this thread. Great stuff!

Comment

My SHARP LC-70LE857U that I repaired 2.5 years ago is still working great. There was no way I was selling this "best find" !
      Last edited by ajshoe; 03-07-2018, 05:33 AM.

Comment

I just picked up a FREE 70" 70LE757U yesterday. I was getting the 2 slow, 5 fast blinks. I unplugged the 2 ribbons from the T-Con that controlled the right side, and the TV powered on, but obviously with only half the screen. Every thing I found online said the panel was dead....then I found this thread!

I figured, what the heck..I'll give it a try. So I removed that side of the bezel to get to where the ribbon attaches to the panel, and removed those ribbons. The right side/top ribbon showed a burnt chip. I removed all the ribbons and the TV powered on and looks great!

Thanks for all the info, and great save!

Comment

Hey Guys, I posted in the other thread, but this one appears to have more life to it, so I'll post here as well, just in case..

Looks like the Right side is def. the culprit... Please see below, confirmation would be greatly appreciated, but I'm going to take the leap one way or the other in the next hour or so.. I'm running on borrowed time, my in-laws are returning home tonight and the TV is on their bed.. Don't think they'll want to sleep with it! hahah

TIA!

eGo
          Attached Files

Comment

Yes it appears the right side has failed.
            Did I leave the soldering iron on?

Comment

Originally posted by freakaftr8 View Post
              Yes it appears the right side has failed.
              Thanks for getting back to me! I took the leap and it's working! I can't thank you enough for posting these through walk throughs for everybody's benefit. You have saved me at least $1k! If you're ever in the Redneck Riviera, I'm buying you a beer!

Thanks Much!

eGo

Comment

Your welcome! Thanks!
                Did I leave the soldering iron on?

Comment

This thread was amazing. Thanks to everyone here. I fixed a 70" panel last night by removing the left side ribbon cables and all works perfectly!

Comment

Originally posted by freakaftr8 View Post
                    Your welcome! Thanks!
                    You are amazing my friend , you saved my Tv , thanks a lot, and all the best for you and tom66 and all of u guys.
                    Last edited by simo; 05-29-2018, 08:02 PM.

Comment

Just a quick question. I have the back off of my 70-LE632U and my TCON has only two ribbon cables connected to it. No matter if I remove the left, right or both of the ribbon cables, I get the dreaded 2-5. I am betting that means this fix is not going to work for me correct?

Comment

you need to do more checking such as measuring voltages at the tcon, along with those printed on the power supply card to verify that they are producing the correct numbers. Go from there on what you find.

Comment

Quick question...

Is it possible to remove the driver tabs on BOTH sides of a Sharp LED (LC-60LE650U) without trashing the display?

Thanks!
                          -David

Comment

NO.... the side drivers provide a signal path to the screen for the image... you need at least one side "full" of drivers to have an image.

Comment

Hi,

This weekend I saw some lines come across the screen, shut it down then restarted it came back up. But then it started blinking 2 long an 5 fast flashed. I spoke to Shop Jimmy he told me it' the main board but from what I'm reading on this post not sure. My screen is in perfect condition no physical damage at all. I did try the volume/up yada yada to reset and nothing. I have te LC_70LE857U model. Any suggestions greatly appreciated, can't believe it failed after 4 yrs or so. !!! thxs

Comment

Where did you get the manual for LC-70LE757U

Comment

I've been trouble shooting a Sharp lc70le755u Aquos for two months then I found this forum and luckily this thread:-), I performed the hemispherectomy as a last resort.thankyou, it works nicely.
                                  Another one saved from the landfill!:-)

Comment

third anniversary for the original set that started this thread. Neighbor is still smiling and can't believe his eyes and his happy wife. He wants me to fix his cracked screen samsung S8 phone (wrap around screen). That is probably more difficult than the sharp save... :-)

Comment

So happy that I stumbled across this thread and would love to save an LC70UD27U 4K set that has the 2-5 blink code. I am able to get an image on screen if I unplug one of the 4 ribbons from the t con so I know which side is affected. Has anyone tried the tab removal on a 4K set yet?

Comment

I think you will likely find a few threads that use the "tab removal" method on 4k... the tabs don't determine the resolution so if indeed the only way you can get you set to show a picture is by disconnecting a tcon cable, then you perhaps are heading in the tab removal direction BUT.... there is a possibility that its not a tab issue but a smd component issue which is different. Does your set have side edge boards similar to the bottom one OR just tabs along the side of the set?

Comment

looks like i found the right thread! greetings guys.

The culprit: LC-70LE757U

I haven't read all 12 pages of this thread yet but does this look like anything familiar to you guys who've been working on this model for a while now? Just 2 thin solid lines toward the bottom of the screen shown in the attached pics. No flickering, no power on/off issues, no blinking lights. It will stay on and play all day like this. Just wondering what I can do to get rid of these lines. Thanks in advance!
                                          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                          X