olevia #237s11 firmware, corupt???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

olevia #237s11 firmware, corupt???

I got this used set up and running, Works good except the tuner won't auto scan. It will take direct entry of analog channels. It is in the (home) mode. Does anybody know of a source for firmware? Or is it something else? thanks
    Attached Files

Re: olevia #237s11 firmware, corupt???

Is there nothing on that menu for factory reset?

Try digging around with this - maybe a reset option - googling it does seem a common problem but didnt spot a solution

How To Enable/Disable Olevia Store/Demo Mode 1.Press Menu button from the remote,
    2.Press Down arrow key until you see the word Picture, then press the Right arrow key,
    3.Press Down arrow key until you see Mode, then press the Right arrow key,
    4.Press Down arrow key until you see Power Up, then press the Right arrow key,
    5.Press Down arrow key until you see Home, then press the Enter key,
    6.Press Menu button four times to exit out from the OSD Menu.
    Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair
    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39740

Comment

Yea , I has a factory reset, And an input source settings reset, Tried both they don't affect the tuner function. The tuner tunes analog stations as you can see in the last pix that shows the set in scan mode with the output of an old VCR in the background I found an olevia website that claimed it had firmware, It set off my computer anti virus software. I know the company is out of the business. Can't even find a used board. Thanks

Comment

You do have analogue stations, still, for it to tune to?
        In Manchester UK all stations are digital and we have to use set top boxes
        for the tuning.
        Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair
        http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39740

Comment

Yes, there a few small stations, That broadcast reruns form decades ago. This is what you need to avoid all the propaganda and commercial in the states. LOL
          Attached Files

Comment

I have repaired a few different versions of these and I have run into the same issues with some models.

It just seemed like a cheap tv with cheap firmware so I never did anything about it.

Comment

Hey cadiman, Good to see a fellow Ohioan on here. I like to buy and repair older lcd's The one's that are heavy, With a metal sub structure like the now defunct olevia's I see shopJixxy is now selling flashed eproms (I assume) You would think the firmware for these sets is hosted on a server somewhere .

Comment

Working...
              X