Coppell TV on eBay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coppell TV on eBay

Anyone here used their LJ41-02759A sustain repair service? I've sent him a couple questions through ebay and received absolutely no response...guess I'll try one of the other sellers...

Just want to know if they have the new style buffers in stock and the cost? That surely isn't too much to ask?

Re: Coppell TV on eBay

I haven't used any of their services, but I do read their blog regularly.

I get the sense they absolutley know what they are doing and are totally competent at repairs, but I also sense that the person running the show is no longer having fun doing it.

Some of the email responses on his blog are justified, but it is not a way to attract new customers. I get the feeling he doesn't have much patience for some types of questions.

If I needed my TV repaired, they would certainly be high on my list.
    Last edited by retiredcaps; 12-21-2011, 07:26 PM.
    --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Originally posted by retiredcaps View Post
      I haven't used any of their services, but I do read their blog regularly.

I get the sense they absolutely know what they are doing and are totally competent at repairs, but I also sense that the person running the show is no longer having fun doing it.

Some of the email responses on his blog are justified, but it is not a way to attract new customers. I get the feeling he doesn't have much patience for some types of questions.

If I needed my TV repaired, they would certainly be high on my list.
      Which is why I was interested in their service. I am 54...been turning bolts since I was 11. Sometimes I'm not the nicest guy when talking about mechanical stuff. Have just about zero patience with cheapskates that think they know more than I do...

I originally tried to contact them several months ago. No response. Sent another question this evening. Not planning on sending any boards out until after the New Year, so no huge hurry.

I'm going to fix the 42" Magnavox Plasma that has been lying on the kitchen table for the last three or four months...it sure appears to me that a 4-5 y/o TV with updated boards might be just as reliable as a new TV. I see a bunch of posts here about not being able to find info/manuals for the newer TV's.

Since the boards I'm thinking of buying/repairing are used a bunch of other Tv's I figure it's worth the gamble?

Comment

Found the answer on ebay...still no response from Coppell TV. I'll use someones elses service!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LJ92-01200A-...item256abcd890

Comment

Originally posted by KTMLew View Post
          Found the answer on ebay...still no response from Coppell TV. I'll use someones elses service!
          If they are not going to answer ebay emails, then yes, go with someone else.
          --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

If they are not going to answer ebay emails, then yes, go with someone else.
            'll try again about the middle of Jan. He may be out of town or the country for the holidays...but I'm seeing a pattern.

If no response, then I'll go another direction. If you are going to have an internet presence you need to support it.

Comment

'll try again about the middle of Jan. He may be out of town or the country for the holidays...but I'm seeing a pattern.
              Somehow I think if the situation were reversed, you wouldn't get a 2nd or 3rd chance from him.
              --- begin sig file ---

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Somehow I think if the situation were reversed, you wouldn't get a 2nd or 3rd chance from him.
                I can at times be too nice...if it weren't so, I would have more money...

Comment

He may be out of town or the country for the holidays
                  I use ebay, but far from an expert. I know most email programs have an automatic vacation responder where you can put in a custom message like

"Hi, I'm on holidays and won't be answering emails until ..."

OR

"Unfortunately, I have a family emergency and can't respond until ..."
                  --- begin sig file ---

--- end sig file ---

Comment

I can at times be too nice...if it weren't so, I would have more money...
                    You may not have more money, but you will EARN a ton of karma points. Eventually, those karma points will REWARD you in some fashion, but not necessarily in monetary terms.

Anyway, if you do go with someone else and have a positive or negative experience, please let us know as others may require the same service in the future.
                    --- begin sig file ---

--- end sig file ---

Comment

I figure that if these guys are not responding to your questions, then how much of a response do you think you'll get if you have them do the repairs and have problems later? Since this is the age of the internet, we have much more access to parts and services than in the past. There's probably a lot of vendors that will provide what you need with better customer service. After all, with so many people offering the same thing nowadays, it's the customer service that separates the mediocre companies from the superior ones. I say don't put up with this nonsense and move on.

Comment

I decided to scrap the TV. Listed some of the boards on eBay. Will see if anything sells. If not I may end up fixing it later.

Comment

Thanks for all the attention you've given us.

I can assure you that all but probably the most insane and unreadable questions we receive are being answered.

We have found out that not all responses are being delivered to customers though.

Yahoo and AOL are particularily hard to get through for whatever reason.

Of course you'd probably say that you get mails from everywhere else and that may be true, but it doesn't change the fact that we have a lot of problems with customers in those two domains.

At least on several occasions we were able to find the messages in the "Junk" folder of Yahoo, but frankly my opinion is that most of the time people are just not reading them. Just a few days ago someone called on the phone with the exact same issue and sure enough once we spent 10 useless minutes staying on the phone to find our outbound message, tell them on which date and time it was sent and where they agreed to open up their online mailbox...and on the 10th minute they said "oh, there it is".

Someone above mentioned that I am no longer having fun doing this...well I must say there's truth to that.

I still love technology and I still can do good things with it, but having to deal with ever-impatient, ever-knowing, ever demanding customers indoctrinated into the "customer is king" philosophy is taking its toll.

If only customers had just a little more...intellect, darn it!

I don't expect them to be able to do what we are good at, but at the very least they should know their limitations.

I am just slowly realizing that this is a wrong business to be in...the technical side of it is good, but the customer relations can really really hurt.

And it's not about money at all...it's about what you get back for helping people.

Comment

I've used Coppell's LJ41-02759/LJ92-01200A repair service, and I've purchased numerous other items from Coppell. They've been very professional and EXTREMELY quick in shipping items to me over the last couple years.
                            LG Plasma Mal-Discharge Correction Service

Comment

I have also used them. They have treated me great. For the extra couple dollars as compared to just buying the sustain ic's, why not then just service the board. They are fast,efficient and answer any questions. I give them the thumbs up boys!!!!

Comment

I also stand by them!

Comment

These guys have always been good to me. I get quick answers and good input when I ask for it.

I can`t begin to understand how they answer any emails as I am sure they get hundreds.

Comment

Working...
                                  X