LG 60PX950 Plasma with almost no picture, but good audio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: LG 60PX950 Plasma with almost no picture, but good audio

This seems possible. Out of interest, who did you buy the buffers from?
    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Oh, one more thing when I tested my Y-sus and the vendor's buffer boards connected to the Y-sus, then Vy was 280 and VSC varied around 0-3vdc, so not quite the same as the other low/unstable readings I got when connected the Y-sus to the buffer boards.

Comment

I bought both the Y-sus and the two buffer boards at the same time from "The TV Parts guy" in Walnut,CA. ShopJimmy was out of stock.

Comment

So I'm confused, is it the Y-sus or the buffer boards?

Comment

Buffer boards. The Y-sustain is acting normally.
            Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
            For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

I've been having problems with my 60px950 for several months now. There were two main issues: none of the digital inputs were working, and the display would stop working intermittently. I just recently got a hold of a working main board and swapped it with my existing board and the hdmi ports started working again. However, I am still having issues with the display bit working. Does anybody have any clues as to what I need to replace next? My dad seems to think the display working has something to do with temperature. When the tv is on, it "overheats" and has to wait until it cools down to begin working again which leads me to believe it might have something to do with the ysus board or the zsus board. Any input would be greatly appreciated!!!

P.s. My dad has a fan blowing on the heat sinks and the screen seems to work when doing so.

Comment

Originally posted by capkid View Post
                So, assuming your PSU, Z-Sus, Y-Sus, and Y-buffers are fine, the only boards left are the main board and the logic control board. I don't know of a self-test for the control board in this TV, but a self-test would normally tell you whether the main board or the control board is faulty.
                I also need to know how to do self-tests for a ctrl board for a P50A4500 Plasma tv with good audio but no picture or graphics. The LED on the ctrl board is not flickering or flashing, it is off. The main board Led is On. So I need to determine if it's the main board or it's the ctrl board? There's an open jumper on the ctrl board written EXT_AUTO_GEN and I was wondering if it could be the test point/ injection point? All voltages on all the other boards are very normal. The standby light blinks two times at the moment of switching On and goes Off when tv starts to run, but without OSD or pictures, not even a dim light. Could it be the panel module(glass part)?
                Last edited by jarapunga; 11-13-2015, 02:24 AM.

Comment

Folks.
                  Much thanks to the members here at badcaps. My Lg 60px950-ua had a similar issue as described here. The no signal image would flicker, but the sound was ok. After doing the voltage tests on the 5 V-points, all the numbers were stable and within spec. Then I jumped the control panel and the test screen came on. This left the main and 3d boards suspect. Being 5 years since the TV was made, the replacement main board is rare as unobtainium. Nothing new was available and ebay only had the other boards. I presume the main board is the #1 thing to go bad. Anyways, I got the notion that since the device was 20% functional, or so, that there must be a bad soildering connection on the main board. A quick search on repairing LG main boards mentioned reflowing them due to soildering points cracking. The solution was cooking the board in a kitchen oven at 385°F (~200°C) for 10 min on a piece of cardboard. Be careful not to jolt the boarx while hot, it could shake off soilder. Once the board cooled to room temperature, I replaced the board into the tv, and it all works again! An excellent and free fix!

Comment

Working...
                  X