LN46A750R1FXZA Samsung vertical lines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LN46A750R1FXZA Samsung vertical lines

On the upper left corner of my Samsung, I have vertical lines that show up only when white or light colors are present. I checked all the caps and all of them are normal and I have never had any power problems. Does anyone have any suggestions? Please see attached images for reference.

Thanks,

Shayne
    Attached Files

Re: LN46A750R1FXZA Samsung vertical lines

Common issue with these TVs. I have one doing it too. It is a bad LCD panel. I don't think it can be fixed, sorry.
    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Thanks tom66! That's what I was afraid of. I love this TV. Time to search for a replacement.

Thanks,

Shayne

Comment

Please see attached images, do you think this is also the same problem and cannot be fixed ? This is on a Samsung LN46b650t1F from 2010. Thanks
        Attached Files

Comment

Yes, that's also probably a bad LCD panel sorry.
          Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
          For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

That's what a Samsung technician has said as well, I was hoping it wasn't the case. Thanks for the quick reply !

Comment

It is an extremely common fault with Samsung LCD TVs.

Comment

I've left the TV running for about 45 minutes and the picture has actually improved substantially. The problem is now reduced to somewhat thin gray horizontal lines. Does the fact that the image has changed over time change your opinion on the issue at all? Thanks
                Attached Files

Comment

No, unfortunately it's still a panel fault.
                  There's a thread on this forum regarding this fault. People have tried T-cons and main boards. No one has fixed the issue yet.

Comment

Since you say it cleared up somewhat after prolonged use....look at the Video Decoder Section on the Main Board....there may be a few SMD capacitors (Silver coloured) that might have increased in ESR....probably 10uF 16V caps. If this happens to the caps then the Video Detector Chip may not be getting proper Vcc (5V) and thus the voltage would be lower......

Comment

To Sprichar I had a Vizio that look just like yours and was told it was the screen. All I did to it was to disconnect the ribbon connector that goes to the panel from the T-con board and made sure to reattach it with the ribbon cable inserted all the way into the connector before locking it into place. This fixed the problem. It might be worth trying as it could fix it or not. I think sometimes if the TV has been jarred around it can slightly shift the cable causing one side to come out just a little, yet it still looks connected.

Comment

Do a search on this forum for tab bond repair.

Comment

maybe u can try as keeney123 suggested in post #11. that's is a first suspect starting from the LVDS cable btw main and TCON, ribbons btw TCON and panel.

Comment

I am not 100% convinced this is LVDS cable issue. I have had a couple of these Samsungs (UN (LED)) series with this exact affliction and this issue persisted through all test patterns on both units.

Try a new LDVS cable if you must but I don't think its going to solve it.

Comment

It's not an LVDS issue if the test patterns show this fault.

Comment

How about the ribbon cable that goes from the T-con to the driver bd? The Vizo I fixed showed the same symptoms and all I did was to reset the cable at the driver bd and that cleared everything up.

Comment

Working...
                                X