Old 360 trace repair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Old 360 trace repair

So I got a 360 off of ebay for like $5. The seller said that he doesnt have a power brick to test it out (which I highly doubt honestly) but I got it anyway. It's a launch console in mint condition. Tried powering it on, rrod after 30 seconds error code 0022... opened it up and it looked alright til I pulled the mobo out... somebody stabbed the board with a screwdriver... and its on the gpu - memory bus... should I try repairing it or is it a waste of time?

Re: Old 360 trace repair

upload some pictures of the damaged area then we can advise more

Comment

Holy crap. The thing actually booted. Uploaded a pic.
      Attached Files

Comment

that's an easy fix with a good iron and some fine wire.

btw, he probably didnt have the psu - they sell for more than the console to the ham/cb radio guys.
        Last edited by stj; 08-19-2018, 05:18 AM.

Comment

PCB probably got damaged when the previous owner(s) tried to remove the X-clamps for the heatsinks. I nearly damaged several consoles like that back when I first started working on them.

Comment

Probably. At first those things are a pain in the a$$ to remove. But after removing em dozens of times they come off pretty easily. I actually damaged a board whilr removing an x clamp. It was an old zephyr. Still worked tho. Opened it up to change the thermal paste and while I was removing the gpu x clamp my screwdriver slipped and ripped like 10 of those little smd caps under the southbridge. Surprisingly the thing still worked afterwards but boot times were pretty messed up. Sometimes it took over a minute to boot.
            Last edited by nick122; 08-22-2018, 04:22 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X