Capacitor Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Capacitor Question

I buy non working monitors to repair and sell them. I have noticed that a seven year old monitor that have low ESR value on Capxcon, Suscon, Lelon and most of the caps that are listed on Badcap .com.

Should I trust those capacitors that look and test fine or should I just replace all caps? I have been doing this for about a year and so far I have a good track record with no monitor returns.

Thanks

Re: Capacitor Question

Originally posted by 1supertech View Post
    I have been doing this for about a year and so far I have a good track record with no monitor returns.
    Since you live in the USA, you have access to high quality capacitors from reputable distributors for relatively little cost (especially if you buy in quantities of 10 or 50).

With that in mind, I saw this quote recently ...

“It takes many good deeds to build a good reputation, and only one bad one to lose it.”

― Benjamin Franklin
    --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Thanks retiredcaps I will change them all

Comment

And to drive home the point, see this recent complaint

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=28449
        --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

I guess I have been lucky on no returned monitors just changing bad capcitors using
          Panasonic caps fm,fr,fc. Looks like I better change them all good or bad
          Thanks retirecaps

Comment

I save the non bloated bad quality name caps for uncertain projects or as "test" caps.
            --- begin sig file ---

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Good Idea

Comment

Working...
              X