Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FIC K8M-800M woes

This one's hard to understand but here it goes:

I have run into two of these FIC K8M-800M Socket 754 boards with what appears to show the same symptoms, one from Everex, and another from eMachines. The symtom is a garbled screen (see attached image) that also freezes the computer and can happen from trying to do a simple task, heavy disk activity, etc... I've just about done everything other than replacing the motherboard caps and includes:

No overheating, ALL caps look good
    2 known working CPUs (Sempron 3000+ and 3300+ rev. E6) (both pass Orthos Prime for over 10 hours)
    2 known working DDR-400 memory sticks (both pass Memtest86+ for over 3 hours)
    1 known working video card; motherboard has integrated graphics (screen goes black or freezes with no corruption)
    2 known working hard drives (including one brand new drive)
    1 known working power supply (brand new Hipro 250W PSU)
    2 Windows reinstalls (the actual installation never fails)

This is driving me silly and makes me wonder if this is a widespread problem with this board.
    Attached Files

Re: FIC K8M-800M woes

Hi! What brand are the caps? Just because they look good doesn't mean they are. Many brands (especially OST, Teapo and Chemi-Con KZG) fail without bulging.
    I love putting bad caps and flat batteries in fire and watching them explode!!

No wonder it doesn't work! You installed the jumper wires backwards

Main PC: Core i7 3770K 3.5GHz, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600, 240GB Intel 335 Series SSD, 750GB WD HDD, Sony Optiarc DVD RW, Palit nVidia GTX660 Ti, CoolerMaster N200 Case, Delta DPS-600MB 600W PSU, Hauppauge TV Tuner, Windows 7 Home Premium

Office PC: HP ProLiant ML150 G3, 2x Xeon E5335 2GHz, 4GB DDR2 RAM, 120GB Intel 530 SSD, 2x 250GB HDD, 2x 450GB 15K SAS HDD in RAID 1, 1x 2TB HDD, nVidia 8400GS, Delta DPS-650BB 650W PSU, Windows 7 Pro

Comment

Re: FIC K8M-800M woes

>The symtom is a garbled screen (see attached image) that also freezes the computer and can happen from trying to do a simple task, heavy disk activity, etc.

screwed north bridge(?)

Comment

Working...
      X