Badcaps.net Forum
Go Back   Badcaps Forums > Motherboards with Bad Capacitors > Other Devices with Bad Capacitors
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-07-2019, 02:35 PM   #1
semperfio6

City & State: Chico, CA
My Country: United States
I'm a: Knowledge Seeker
Default EVGA GTX Titan Superclocks - Sheared off caps

Hey folks, I'm new here and was referred from a friend who does PC repair. Recently came across an EVGA Titan Superclocked (Keplar) that the previous owned knocked a couple caps off on the top of the board. Wondering if anyone can help me find the correct replacements for them so my buddy can solder them on for me. Attaching images for reference of the card area and the caps themselves.
semperfio6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 11:19 PM   #2
Sparkey55
Badcaps Veteran

City & State: OK
My Country: USA
I'm a: Professional Tech
Default Re: EVGA GTX Titan Superclocks - Sheared off caps

http://www.badcaps.net/store/product...products_id=76

This should work.
Sparkey55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 09:14 AM   #3
R_J
Badcaps Veteran

City & State: ☻
My Country: Canada

Or check digikey https://www.digikey.com/products/en/...=1&pageSize=25 and find the correct size (diameter/height)

Last edited by R_J; 02-08-2019 at 09:21 AM..
R_J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 08:39 PM   #4
semperfio6

Thanks to both of you, going to try the ones Sparkey55 linked and hopefully get this thing working
Old 02-10-2019, 08:42 PM   #5
Sparkey55
Badcaps Veteran

City & State: OK
My Country: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by semperfio6 View Post
Thanks to both of you, going to try the ones Sparkey55 linked and hopefully get this thing working
Let us know how it turns out.
Sparkey55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 07:36 PM   #6
momaka
Badcaps Veteran

City & State: VA (NoVA)
My Country: U.S.A.
Line Voltage: 120 VAC, 60 Hz
I'm a: Hobbyist Tech

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkey55 View Post
Maybe...
Will work only if there is no restriction on height where those caps are located. Also, the caps you linked to are through-hole, whereas the originals are SMD. I myself prefer (and sometimes replace with) through-hole caps. But on video cards, height restrictions are often a factor. So the O/P may have to look on Digikey or Mouser for proper SMD replacements.

As for the original capacitors that got knocked there... 2.5V, 560 uF polymers. Hard to give a replacement recommendation, though, without knowing their height and diameter (in mm). Looks like 6.3 mm or 8 mm diameter polys. But I will wait for confirmation.

And if O/P has already bought those caps from BCN store... well, he could still use them on the card, if the rail these caps go to has traces on the back of the card too. Then simply just solder the caps on the back of the card. Not the prettiest thing to do, but should work.

Last edited by momaka; 02-12-2019 at 07:38 PM..
momaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 09:38 AM   #7
semperfio6

Quote:
Originally Posted by momaka View Post
Maybe...
Will work only if there is no restriction on height where those caps are located. Also, the caps you linked to are through-hole, whereas the originals are SMD. I myself prefer (and sometimes replace with) through-hole caps. But on video cards, height restrictions are often a factor. So the O/P may have to look on Digikey or Mouser for proper SMD replacements.

As for the original capacitors that got knocked there... 2.5V, 560 uF polymers. Hard to give a replacement recommendation, though, without knowing their height and diameter (in mm). Looks like 6.3 mm or 8 mm diameter polys. But I will wait for confirmation.

And if O/P has already bought those caps from BCN store... well, he could still use them on the card, if the rail these caps go to has traces on the back of the card too. Then simply just solder the caps on the back of the card. Not the prettiest thing to do, but should work.
You were correct, those caps were.... large heh. I should have paid attention and checked dimensions. Went on Digikey and found hopefully a suitable replacement, will check back in with end result.