GSC does a lot of OEM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GSC does a lot of OEM

GSC as we know are also sacon and evercon, but are also the OEM for capsun, comet, samyoung and samwha (from the 2003 era), as well as lelon OC-CON.

info here:

http://capacitor.web.fc2.com/special2.html
    Last edited by 370forlife; 09-04-2009, 06:57 PM.

Re: GSC does a lot of OEM

gsc=

Goofy
    Shit
    Caps!

wow. the horrors of the fz might be in other brands! NOOOOOOO!!!
    sigpic

(Insert witty quote here)

Comment

the pic alternating new/popped is cool.

Comment

Sacon and Evercon are GSC brands all right, but Samyoung and Samwha (both Korean) have nothing to do with GSC. Samyoung is a licensee of (and occasional OEM for) Korea Chemicon, while Samwha now owns the plants of what used to be Samsung Electrolytics. Both are a few tiers above GSC in quality.

Comment

Wow, is that Badcaps in Japanese?

Comment

GSC went 'poof' years ago.
            GSC became Sacon who became Evercon.
            - All three companies have [or had] the same address and phone number.

Every time they 'get famous' for selling crap they change their name.

Sacon and Evercon production over lapped.
            - I've seen boards with both brands on the same board.

In 2007-2008 there was an Evercon site but it went 'poof'.
            Probably has a lot to do with their FZ series caps blowing up on video cards and two [that I know of] brands of motherboards.

RED ALERT!
            - Expect a new name marked on the same ole shit soon!

According to Evercon's site [when it was still there] they -ARE- in cahoots with Samwha [since 2003], Samyoung [since 2004], and some other unidentified Korean companies [since 2005].

I saved their 'History' page to HDD for later reference because I expected another 'poof' maneuver eventually.
            It's attached. Had to do it by screen shot for the allowable file format here.

A distribution agreement doesn't prove they are manufacturing for each other, but then again, why wouldn't they?
            - It reduces costs.
            Attached Files
            Mann-Made Global Warming.
            - We should be more concerned about the Intellectual Climate.

-
            Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

- Dr Seuss
            -
            You can teach a man to fish and feed him for life, but if he can't handle sushi you must also teach him to cook.
            -

Comment

Notice they are ISO Certified.
              -
              This means they carefully document how to build complete CRAP!

-
              Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

- Dr Seuss
              -
              You can teach a man to fish and feed him for life, but if he can't handle sushi you must also teach him to cook.
              -

Comment

BTW:
                That I know of FZ have been found on fairly recent Jetway and BioStar boards.
                Jetway has been using 'GSC products' since at least Socket 370.
                Pretty sure BioStar has too.

-

- Dr Seuss
                -
                -

Comment

I've never seen a (newer) biostar with caps other than UCC and OST.

A lot of jetway boards have samwha on them. Probalby GSC OEM.

Comment

Originally posted by 370forlife
                    I've never seen a (newer) biostar with caps other than UCC and OST.
                    That would mean you didn't look too hard.
                    Also depends on what you call recent. To me SLI is recent.

TForce 590 SLI Deluxe
                    - an AM2 board [I'd call AM2 'fairly recent'] is loaded with FZ.
                    https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=5336
                    - Also see pic attached.
                    You can just barely see the 'K' vents that gives them away as FZ's.

If you poke around there are a several 'TForce' and 'TPower' boards that have FZ.

Another other problem with BioStar is that they swaps caps on their boards during production like nobody's business. Buy three of the exact same model board and you might get three completely different sets of caps.
                    BioStar has been that way as long as I can remember.
                    - The boards on their website have the good caps.
                    - The board you actually get might or might not.

FZ come with either blue or black markings. I've seen both. I think they change colors for the same reason they keep changing their companies name.

It's near impossible to tell blue FZ from UCC-polymar or black FZ from Nichicon-polymar in photos and most consumers wouldn't know the difference if they were looking at both side by side.

I think that's the main reason FZ minics UCC and Nichicon polymer markings.

- Example - Look at the pic of the TForce 590 SLI Deluxe I attached below then look at the pic on BioStar's site:
                    http://www.biostar.com.tw/app/en/t-s....php?S_ID=172#
                    Can you tell if those are FZ's in the site's pic. - I can't.
                    - Are they?
                    I dunno. Might be they used UCC for the site pic and as samples to review sites and then switched to FZ in actual production.

~~~~

I'd have to call these 'recent' because they are currently being sold.
                    Different brand cap but same crap-cap issue.
                    - These are sporting Elite caps IN THE VRM's !!
                    [ You can tell by the darker blue and the logo. - see pic. ]

Remember Elite? - The bane [pain] of LCD owners world wide. I don't care if they are -supposed to be- poly, Elite are on an even plane for quality with the various GSC reincarnations and are the cheapest crap you can get!

BIOSTAR A760G M2+ ,, Phenom II/Phenom/Athlon 64 X2/64/FX/Sempron
                    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813138138
                    http://www.biostar.com.tw/app/en/mb/....php?S_ID=394#

BIOSTAR G41 DVI 6.x ,, Core 2 Quad/Core 2 Duo ,, Intel G41 / ICH7
                    http://www.biostar.com.tw/app/en/mb/....php?S_ID=424#

BIOSTAR G31E-M7 ,, Core 2 Quad/Core 2 Duo ,, Intel G31 / ICH7
                    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813138145
                    http://www.biostar.com.tw/app/en/mb/....php?S_ID=396#

There are lots more if you look.

~~

I've been told [by someone here] that BioStar are good with good caps but I don't consider them far enough above Jetway to buy one on purpose.
                    The only way I'd end up with one is if I got it in a bulk lot of mixed dead boards. [Which I sometimes do buy.]

-

- Dr Seuss
                    -
                    -

Comment

Well, good thing my Tpower N750 came with all UCC solid caps

The only biostars that are good are the Tpower and Tforce's, Tpower's typically have all solid caps, and thanks to newegg's zoom in pictures you can typically tell who the manufacturer is, but as you said you may get different than as pictured. ALL the Tforce's I have seen have UCC's in the VRM and other larger caps, and ost's as the smaller ones.

Seems that they make their AMD boards better than their Intel boards.

Comment

The attachments that didn't attach to my last post:
                        Attached Files

-

- Dr Seuss
                        -
                        -

Comment

Working...
                        X