HP Envy 15 cannot charge battery!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: HP Envy 15 cannot charge battery!

hy guys i was reading the post and i try to tell you my xp maybe it will help!
    i had a notebook samsung that was contected without the 19 v adapter direct on 24v truck (: "silly guy" . the notebook will start only with the battery inserted and no other lights will show , if i remove the battery the notebook will not start. in windows the notebook will not detect the AC and will show the battery full like there was no adapter only full battery.

So we change a sop8 ic mark on datasheet with q and a power management ic 90% is made by MAXIM maybe this will help you.
    first comment in this forum sry about that.
    Just cook it! It's already broken.

Comment

Originally posted by dj_ricoh View Post
      hy guys i was reading the post and i try to tell you my xp maybe it will help!
      i had a notebook samsung that was contected without the 19 v adapter direct on 24v truck (: "silly guy" . the notebook will start only with the battery inserted and no other lights will show , if i remove the battery the notebook will not start. in windows the notebook will not detect the AC and will show the battery full like there was no adapter only full battery.

So we change a sop8 ic mark on datasheet with q and a power management ic 90% is made by MAXIM maybe this will help you.
      first comment in this forum sry about that.
      All help is appreciated.

Comment

I have had a play with it today, made sure all the components I have touched were seated properly, and still no signs of life.

I will mention a few things I have noticed:

There is now no connection between battery + and -. If i put the battery in and measure the voltage across the pins it is 0V... so it is just not going anywhere.

When power cable is plugged in I can hear a clicking noise ever 1 second coming from the U33 area of the board, where as before there was a buzzing noise.

I think when I put the motherboard in to try and turn it on I have blown something by short circuiting on the base of the laptop. The last time I saw life in this motherboard was right before I pressed the power button to try and turn it on. the light went out and that was it!

So! What can I replace from the old one? lol.. I hate this thing, I am sorry I have taken so much of your time..

Comment

Buzzing is coming from a few components around the DC power jack, PQ8 PQ9 PQ11 have some 1.33V, PQ10 pins 1-3 have 1.33V, pin 4 has 15V

U33 does not seem active, there are a few capacitors with 1.5V and 0.5V on them but no 3.33V, C753 and C 657 are dead

Comment

Originally posted by grahamw01 View Post
            Buzzing is coming from a few components around the DC power jack, PQ8 PQ9 PQ11 have some 1.33V, PQ10 pins 1-3 have 1.33V, pin 4 has 15V

U33 does not seem active, there are a few capacitors with 1.5V and 0.5V on them but no 3.33V, C753 and C 657 are dead
            Sorry delay, i got my own project.

Ok. Check the motherboard in order.

If there is full Battery use first that and AC OFF.

-PQ10 all PIN, checking if battery voltage is allowed to go +PWRSRC.

-LDO PIN 7, you can check PC133 should be 5V.

-PC134 should be 19V

-PL5 and PL3.

Comment

Originally posted by Tuomo View Post
              Sorry delay, i got my own project.

Ok. Check the motherboard in order.

If there is full Battery use first that and AC OFF.

-PQ10 all PIN, checking if battery voltage is allowed to go +PWRSRC.

-LDO PIN 7, you can check PC133 should be 5V.

-PC134 should be 19V

-PL5 and PL3.
              Thank you, no problem, I will check it later today (few hours)

But if there is no voltage in between battery + and - when connected to the motherboard then there is nothing anywhere in the motherboard correct? Maybe I just popped a fuse or something?

Thank you

Comment

Thank you, no problem, I will check it later today (few hours)

But if there is no voltage in between battery + and - when connected to the motherboard then there is nothing anywhere in the motherboard correct? Maybe I just popped a fuse or something?

Thank you
                CN5 PIN1 and PIN6 Battery ON = 0V ?

If I understand this correctly there is short circuit or Battery is empty.

Comment

CN5 PIN1 and PIN6 Battery ON = 0V ?

If I understand this correctly there is short circuit or Battery is empty.
                  correct, 0V. Battery is full, and in original motherboard U33 gets hot and pin 1 pin 6 voltage is 11V

Comment

correct, 0V. Battery is full, and in original motherboard U33 gets hot and pin 1 pin 6 voltage is 11V
                    Remove the battery immediately.

There is short circuit and something may broke.

Check resistance CN5 PIN1, PIN6 and other PIN.

Comment

Remove the battery immediately.

There is short circuit and something may broke.

Check resistance CN5 PIN1, PIN6 and other PIN.
                      there is no connection (infinite resistance) between pin 1 and pin 6, haven't checked the others, this is just what I observed last night

Comment

there is no connection (infinite resistance) between pin 1 and pin 6, haven't checked the others, this is just what I observed last night
                        Ok. I wait result for other PIN. Do not insert Battery.

There is two possibility, short circuit or PIN1 not connected at all.
                        Last edited by Tuomo; 02-12-2013, 08:27 AM.

Comment

Ok. I wait result for other PIN. Do not insert Battery.

There is two possibility, short circuit or PIN1 not connected at all.
                          no access to a VM at the moment but I used a bleep tester (so beeps if there is connection, higher pitched beep is more resistance)

pin 1 and pin 5 (there is actually just 5 pins not 6) is full beep so full connection, pin 1 to 2,3,4 is higher pitch beep so there is connectivity but with resistance

Comment

no access to a VM at the moment but I used a bleep tester (so beeps if there is connection, higher pitched beep is more resistance)

pin 1 and pin 5 (there is actually just 5 pins not 6) is full beep so full connection, pin 1 to 2,3,4 is higher pitch beep so there is connectivity but with resistance
                            So it is short circuit Battery + and - Battery?

If so we have to check where is it.

Comment

So it is short circuit Battery + and - Battery?

If so we have to check where is it.
                              Yes that is correct

Comment

Yes that is correct
                                Ok. Now we need to limit the area where the short circuit is.

You can choose whichever is easier.

-Remove PL2 and PL1 or PQ3.

After that check resistance CN5 PIN1 and PIN5.

Comment

Ok. Now we need to limit the area where the short circuit is.

You can choose whichever is easier.

-Remove PL2 and PL1 or PQ3.

After that check resistance CN5 PIN1 and PIN5.
                                  Will do it in a few minutes, but why is pin 1 and pin 5 resistance coming up as infinite, as if there is no connection?

Comment

Will do it in a few minutes, but why is pin 1 and pin 5 resistance coming up as infinite, as if there is no connection?
                                    Hmm. Is there infinite or none resistance between PIN1 and PIN5?

Comment

Hmm. Is there infinite or none resistance between PIN1 and PIN5?
                                      Vm says infinite, beep check says no resistance.. it doesn't make any sense, I believe the beep check because its simpler..

Comment

Vm says infinite, beep check says no resistance.. it doesn't make any sense, I believe the beep check because its simpler..
                                        Which mode your VM is?

Try ohm and diode mode.

Put probes together and check what it shows.
                                        Last edited by Tuomo; 02-12-2013, 11:50 AM.

Comment

Which mode your VM is?

Try ohm and diode mode.

Put probes together and check what it shows.
                                          resistances are as follows:

new motherboard pin 1 to pin: 2: 10kohms, 3: 5kohms, 4: 5 kohms, 5: 12Mohms

old motherboard pin 1 to pin: 2: 10kohms, 3: 5kohms, 4: 5kohms, 5: 10kohms

so, checked with 2 multi meters. I think there is no connection, or extremely high resistance of 12 Mohms

Comment

Working...
                                          X