Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Motherboard issues, soft hissing/beeping capacitor when using cpu.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Motherboard issues, soft hissing/beeping capacitor when using cpu.

I got this motherboard that use to fine but it got problems now.
    Computer crashes with vga cards, so im stuck with onboard vga.
    I noticed hissing / high pitch noise coming out of 2 big capacitors next to the pci slots.
    Noticeable when doing something cpu intensive, like downloading or loading something.
    One looks slightly fatter but im not sure.

So my question is, could this be the problem for my videocards? To much strain on the 'sick' capacitor(s)?

And where can i find these?

SKU9
    C560
    6.3VE

That C infront of 560 got a dot in the middle, maybe a brand?

Re: Motherboard issues, soft hissing/beeping capacitor when using cpu.

560uf 6.3v

cheap bastards, older boards would have used 1000uf caps in those locations!

Comment

Okay, so if i get 1000uf 6.3v i should be fine?

I do want to buy the best in other words not budget stuff or doesnt it matter much?
      Which brand would u suggest?

EDIT:

I ordered these, should be fine i guess
      Last edited by Decapacitator; 01-31-2018, 08:21 PM.

Comment

what is the diameter of the cap?

Comment

Originally posted by stj View Post
          what is the diameter of the cap?
          Good question, i dont know, i ordered some already. I think size isnt a problem, gonna attach them to old pins. Got lots of space and aint using the near pci slots.

I think they are 1cm in diameter
          Last edited by Decapacitator; 01-31-2018, 08:25 PM.

Comment

u know u shouldnt order caps from china. they could be fakes and not work properly at all. some may even cause further dmg to equipment. just size wise i think u got it right. they usually use 8mm diameter caps for general filtering around the motherboard.

however, your issue could also be a psu issue. the psu may be putting out too much ripple/noise causing some resonant harmonics on the mobo. might wanna check the psu out too.

the original caps u have on the mobo seem to be apaq polymers. asus luvs using apaq on their mid and low end mobos. u have an asus mobo? polymers dont fail easily. so if they do, something is abusing them seriously causing them to fail. stop using the computer until u find out the cause.
            Last edited by ChaosLegionnaire; 01-31-2018, 11:24 PM.

Comment

and dont extend caps off the board, it causes inductance that will play hell with the system.

Comment

Originally posted by ChaosLegionnaire View Post
                u know u shouldnt order caps from china. they could be fakes and not work properly at all. some may even cause further dmg to equipment. just size wise i think u got it right. they usually use 8mm diameter caps for general filtering around the motherboard.

however, your issue could also be a psu issue. the psu may be putting out too much ripple/noise causing some resonant harmonics on the mobo. might wanna check the psu out too.

the original caps u have on the mobo seem to be apaq polymers. asus luvs using apaq on their mid and low end mobos. u have an asus mobo? polymers dont fail easily. so if they do, something is abusing them seriously causing them to fail. stop using the computer until u find out the cause.
                My system use to work fine for 2 years, good psu but maybe it is bad now? Is it easy to test a psu ?

As for the noise its 99% sure coming out of the caps, using tube to ear method to pinpoint location.

Yes ASUS midrange mobo

Which caps and where should i buy ? I don't care for money lost on the china ones.

and dont extend caps off the board, it causes inductance that will play hell with the system.
                Thanks, i wont then, I've read somewhere its a easy way but didn't know it could cause problems.
                Last edited by Decapacitator; 02-01-2018, 09:47 AM.

Comment

open the psu and look at the caps

Comment

open the psu and look at the caps
                    Okay i will do that when im going to try to fix the problem.

Btw the capacitors are smaller as i imagined, only 6mm diameter.

But i still haven't got a single tip where to buy quality capacitors to replace mine (if its not the psu). Thanks for help, im grateful but where to buy these capacitors is still a mystery to me.

Comment

hard to say, all the usual places will ship, it's a matter of comparing postage and minimum order size

Comment

try these websites: digikey nl and rs components nl. look for panasonic oscon sepc series, chemicon pse series and nichicon fpcap s8 series. these are top quality japcap brand series with 6.3mm diameter caps which u say is the actual measured diameter of your caps.

its okay to use 560µf 6.3v caps because these are polymer caps. u only use 1000uF if they are electrolytic caps.

Comment

Originally posted by ChaosLegionnaire View Post
                          try these websites: digikey nl and rs components nl. look for panasonic oscon sepc series, chemicon pse series and nichicon fpcap s8 series. these are top quality japcap brand series with 6.3mm diameter caps which u say is the actual measured diameter of your caps.

its okay to use 560µf 6.3v caps because these are polymer caps. u only use 1000uF if they are electrolytic caps.
                          Thanks you guys for your help, i will give a update someday, checking out psu first.

Comment

Working...
                          X