Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trying to identify caps

hello ,

Can anybody tell which brand do these caps belong to ? They are from Lenovo B40 laptop

https://imgur.com/a/QPQ1P

Do i have to get them replaced if i want mobo to last long or are they good as it is ? mobo manufacturing date is 3 years old

Thanks a lot in advance
    Last edited by jarvis7; 01-11-2018, 04:07 AM.

Re: Trying to identify caps

Those are most likely polymer capacitors, which typically don't break as often as electrolytic capacitors and don't have to be replaced.

Don't know the manufacturer, the pinkish ones may be Enesol or Teapo polymer capacitors but can't match with particular series.
    The black ones can be anyone's guess but probably Nichicon or Samwha or something like that.
    Either way, they should match what's said on them, 33uF / 25v , 68uF/25v, 220uF 6.3v etc etc

If they're bad, you can replace with any generic polymer low esr capacitor of same value and voltage rating (or slightly higher voltage rating)

Comment

Re: Trying to identify caps

Thank you sir for your reply

They are currently not bad , but i was wondering if they were Sacon or some other very poor quality type polymers then should i replace them ... if they will easily last 3 more years then i'll just leave them there
      Last edited by jarvis7; 01-11-2018, 03:49 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X