Industrial PC display

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Industrial PC display

I have this industrial PC with display problem: image of the internal display connected by LVDS connector is blurry.

I connected an external monitor using VGA connector: image is clear but tends to yellow.

I tried to use a PCI videocard but I failed to install driver, I wanted to see if using an external graphic chip the image were normal.

I think the graphic chip is damaged so it is not possible to solve the problem.

What do you think?

Ciao
    Gianni
    Attached Files
    "In the confrontation between the stream and the rock, the stream always wins...Not through strength, but through persistence."
    H. J. Brown

Re: Industrial PC display

It could be a bad cable, I don't remember if I have posted about it but I made a LVDS breakout board for a Siemens industrial PC.
    In my first test I did not use twisted pair cabling and then it looked exactly like in your pictures...
    So could be bad cable or bad connectors maybe?
    "The one who says it cannot be done should never interrupt the one who is doing it."

Comment

strip out the display and clean any dust from between the lcd and outer plastic.
      it's a common problem with industrial touchscreens.

it may not be the problem, but it will help.

Comment

Well the cable is glued on the connector... I should try to remove it but I am afraid it will break.

I have no a spare LVDS cable...

Anyway if it is the LVDS cable... why the VGA is yellow? Even with the LVDS cable removed the external display is yellow.
        That's why I think there is something wrong with graphic chip.

I have to ask my friend if I can try to remove the cable even it it is risky due to glue.

Thanks for your answers.
        Gianni
        "In the confrontation between the stream and the rock, the stream always wins...Not through strength, but through persistence."
        H. J. Brown

Comment

Working...
        X