Thank you to the guys at HEGE supporting Badcaps [ HEGE ] [ HEGE DEX Chart ]

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hp 1040 G2, Please help to identify this missing components.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hp 1040 G2, Please help to identify this missing components.

Hi
    If anyone has a hp 1040 g2 motherboard or know what are the missing component and its values then please help me.
    I circled the missing component positions. Please refer to the attached photo.

Thanks in advance.
    Attached Files

Re: Hp 1040 G2, Please help to identify this missing components.

i only see one possibly missing on the right .. is it not in the case or dropped on your bench ? i know they are very small so silly question really ..

Comment

Originally posted by petehall347 View Post
      i only see one possibly missing on the right .. is it not in the case or dropped on your bench ? i know they are very small so silly question really ..
      Thanks for the reply... Actually I recieved this board in job lot and it was very obvious that there are missing comp. where I pointed but I cleaned it and that is why you cannot recognise that there are missing components. But they seemed to be only capacitors and resistors.

Comment

Is that a capacitor on end,stuck .
        Attached Files
        All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

@Weelcup,

Why do you think that there are parts missing ?
          Sometimes , the manufacturer , leaves certain places unoccupied , because of other (series) components , which are being used.

Take a look at some motherboards schematics.You will notice that there are many remarks , about parts not being placed on certain locations on the board.

It also depends on what Revision the board is.You will need to look at the correct schematic for this MB - to see if parts are really missing , or if these spots were left open , intensionally.

Comment

Originally posted by pecrie View Post
            @Weelcup,

Why do you think that there are parts missing ?
            Sometimes , the manufacturer , leaves certain places unoccupied , because of other (series) components , which are being used.

Take a look at some motherboards schematics.You will notice that there are many remarks , about parts not being placed on certain locations on the board.

It also depends on what Revision the board is.You will need to look at the correct schematic for this MB - to see if parts are really missing , or if these spots were left open , intensionally.
            Thanks for the reply.
            On one hand, what I have pointend were broken caps and resistors. Those bits were liquid damaged. I have cleaned it be for takING pics. for sure there were broken 3 broken caps and 2 broken resistors bits. I could take there measures.

On the other hand, I don't have any schematis or a similar motherboard to check. Those resistors, in particular, are important as they are related to the integrated ram. So now the ram test fails but the laptop post to bios. However, it gives me errors when I try to install windows.

Comment

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post
              Is that a capacitor on end,stuck .
              Hhhh. May be. Howe've it seems to work.

Comment

Originally posted by Weelcup View Post
                Hhhh. May be. Howe've it seems to work.
                Is that part still there wedged or stuck to the black pad .
                All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post
                  Is that part still there wedged or stuck to the black pad .
                  That is not a pad . It is a black rubber.

Comment

Originally posted by Weelcup View Post
                    Hi
                    If anyone has a hp 1040 g2 motherboard or know what are the missing component and its values then please help me.
                    I circled the missing component positions. Please refer to the attached photo.

Thanks in advance.
                    As of the parts in the rectangle.... 100% unpopulated as of the shape of pad, and if the board not been worked on before.
                    Other components marked as C2601, PC491X, and the last capacitor parallel to the resistor in lowest circle,... the board should work even without these components unattached. If its not working then ur problem is somewhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by tibd View Post
                      As of the parts in the rectangle.... 100% unpopulated as of the shape of pad, and if the board not been worked on before.
                      Other components marked as C2601, PC491X, and the last capacitor parallel to the resistor in lowest circle,... the board should work even without these components unattached. If its not working then ur problem is somewhere else.
                      You are absolutly right. The board is working. But this board have a built in ram. And the ram doesn't pass the test. And I was suspecting these missing components.
                      But thanks a lot for the information you provided . I really apprecite your reply .

Comment

The only part i think is missing is the cap on the top right,you can see where the pads have broken off.If the cap is stuck there on the black rubber/pad solder it back on.Theres a few revisions of this board with a slightly different layout in that area.
                        Last edited by SMDFlea; 12-03-2018, 03:02 AM.

Comment

Working...
                        X