Razer Notebook no display

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Razer Notebook no display

Hi I am working on a Razor notebook RZ09-0130 (Gaming unit). The initial problem was no display. The notebook turns on fine & after a while the fan start to run very fast but no display. I checked all main voltages VCORE to the Video chip, all fine. I reflowed the Video chip N16E-GT-A1 BGA IC., but still no luck. Since I was getting all the voltages, I assumed the video chip toi be defective & ordered this chip. Replaced with a brand new one, but still no luck. The notebook turns on fine but after a few minutes both the fans start to run very fast & LED in the front starts to flash continously. Removed all the peripherals but stil the same. I searched the web, no support or schematics diagram. Can anyone help me out in this repairs. Thanks

Re: Razer Notebook no display

first reprogram the Bios chip. this may solve the issue. If this did not, you can try some other things.

Comment

Ok... thank you, does anyone have the BIOS Bin files for this model Razor notebook RZ09-0130??

Comment

Mine is a RAZER BLADE 14” (2016) - GTX970M model RZ09-0130

Comment

Try those
          Make a backup of your current bios!

Razer Blade 14 RZ09-0130 betty_R3 MB V3.0 MX25L1005.BIN = EC Firmware
          Razer Blade 14 RZ09-0130 betty_R3 MB V3.0 MX25L6406.BIN = Main BIOS

Post #5 - https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=76992
          Last edited by SMDFlea; 10-16-2020, 11:37 AM.

Comment

Thank you so much... really appreciate.... will inform you if this works

Comment

Hey KvnTM., is it nesessary to re-program the EC Firmware too., & this is the smaller chip located just next to the main BOIS chip, isn't it? your reply will be much appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by mferna14 View Post
                Hey KvnTM., is it nesessary to re-program the EC Firmware too., & this is the smaller chip located just next to the main BOIS chip, isn't it? your reply will be much appreciated.
                If it doesn‘t work with just the bios you could give it a shot. Won‘t harm. But make a backup before flashing!

Yes it should be a small 8 pin ic close to the EC. Marking should be MX25L1005.

Does it work with the new bios alone? Then you won‘t have to flash the EC firmware as it is already fine.

Comment

I know this is an old thread but working on the same machine RZ09-0130. It came in with a power problem and then had a single fan spin on pressing power button. I reflashed the bios and EC and now I get slow blinking front light (red on battery and green on charger) and fan spin. After a while fans goto full speed but no display. No HDMI output or mouse light via USB. Any ideas?

thanks

Comment

I just gave up as Razer customer support even did not know the problem, they told me to purchase a new motherboard. Infact I gave it back to the customer for him to decide what to do.. Thanks

Comment

Working...
                    X