sharp LC-32SH130K / Vestel 17PW82-2 v.1 090511

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sharp LC-32SH130K / Vestel 17PW82-2 v.1 090511

So a friend has this TV which won't turn on and wondered if I could help as I managed to fix my Toshiba/vestel by replacing a resistor.

Anyway, her TV doesn't turn on, the LED doesn't light up but the controls on the edge of the screen (TV/AV, channel, volume etc) do beep when pressed.

I've had a quick scan of the forum but can't find much on this vestel board as to where I should start looking. None of the caps appear domed from what I can see.

https://goo.gl/photos/EqmLJ4b66TU1REWx9

There's plenty of replacement power boards on Ebay from £15 - £25 (which I know is the expensive way to fix it) but is it likely to be the power board?

Thanks
    Andy
    Last edited by dooosuk; 10-10-2016, 03:39 AM.

Re: sharp LC-32SH130K / Vestel 17PW82-2 v.1 090511

Hello Andy
    Is it possible that you attach your photo's to your message by using Manage Attachments.
    With any help given the photo's will still be on this site for others to see in the future and not become unavailable if and when you remove or delete them from google.
    Willing to help but I'm no expert.

Comment

Could you list the names of the pins and give the voltage on each one when
      a) In standby
      b) Out of standby

eg
      Pin number, label, voltage

In standby
      Pin 1 (Power_ON) 0.0V
      Pin2 (5V) 0.0V
      Pin3....
      etc

Out of standby
      Pin1 (Power_On) 3.2V
      Pin2 (5V) 5.0V
      Pin3
      etc
      Attached Files
      Last edited by dick_barton; 10-10-2016, 03:43 AM.

Comment

heres a schematic for the psu test the voltages as advised above first then we can advise more
        Attached Files

Comment

Hi - have updated the original post so images are included now.

I'm new to all this but do have a multimeter. Are the Pins clearly labelled on the board?

I also can't change it in and out of standby. When turned on there's no indication the TV is on other than beeps from the controls on the edge of the screen (TV/AV, channel, volume etc).

The standby light does not illuminate.
          Last edited by dooosuk; 10-10-2016, 03:46 AM.

Comment

Once you are able to tell us what voltages you have on the connector pins people will be in a better position to advise you.
            Sometimes the connector pin names are on the underside of the board or printed on the top side of the pcb in a table form close to the connector if not given alongside the pins.

Thanks to Vinverogers69 here are the connections for which the voltage readings would be helpful.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by dick_barton; 10-10-2016, 03:50 AM.

Comment

OK, I'll see what I can do.

Thanks for the help.

Comment

if the pins are not marked use the schematic ive enclosed as it shows you what each pin should be voltage wise it and what does etc
                im not sure what multi meter you have but have put it on dc volts setting use the metal tv chassis as a ground (you do not need to measure the primary side ac volts for now) just test the secondary side voltages if your stuck on testing anything just ask and we can advise
                Last edited by vinceroger69; 10-10-2016, 03:50 AM.

Comment

Thanks. I'll be back in a few days then as the TV is still at hers. I'll pop around and test it when I get chance.

Comment

Originally posted by dick_barton View Post
                    Thanks to Vinverogers69 here are the connections for which the voltage readings would be helpful.

So, just so I'm 100%, we require the readings from all three componants PL802, PL804 and PL816?

Comment

looking at your pictures its the two connectors on the right with the wires going too them the one on the bottom row is double pins so a lot of diffrent voltages etc too take.
                      i dont think pl804 is used on your set once we get those voltages we can advise more if its a psu issue or mainboard but these psu s are troublesome this is whats in a repair kit for them.

POWER BOARD NUMBER:
                      • 17PW82-2 V.1

FAULT:
                      • DEAD - IC802 Q803 FAULTY

Whats in the kit?
                      • F800
                      • Q803
                      • IC802
                      • R829
                      • R823
                      • R817
                      • R818
                      • R819
                      • C840
                      • C801
                      • C814
                      • C892
                      Last edited by vinceroger69; 10-10-2016, 04:17 AM.

Comment

Remove the Psu, flip it over and connect to mains. Test voltage across the filter cap what do you have ?
                        Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

https://www.facebook.com/Telford-Tel...7894576335359/

Comment

Originally posted by ReeceyBurger123 View Post
                          Remove the Psu, flip it over and connect to mains. Test voltage across the filter cap what do you have ?
                          As dooosuk is a new member when doing this test be careful as it mains ac voltage! so set your meter to 600v if it has that setting with the set turned on what voltage do you get across the filter cap (the largest capacitor on the primary side of the psu)
                          Last edited by vinceroger69; 10-10-2016, 08:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by vinceroger69 View Post
                            As dooosuk is a new member when doing this test be carfull as it mains ac voltage! so set your meter to 600v if it has that setting with the set turned on what voltage do you get across the filter cap (the largest capacitor on the primary side of the psu)

Thanks Vince...yes, I saw that 450v capacitor so knew to be careful when poking around.

Yes, my multimeter does have 600v AC setting so I'll give that a test whilst getting the voltages from the pins as well.

Comment

Yeah best to be careful it can hurt badly, if you have no or low voltage my guess is two diodes just before the filter cap have failed but if you have 360-390v on the cap something on the secondary is failed like I had in my video:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=N6Eo0BwRRJk
                              Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

https://www.facebook.com/Telford-Tel...7894576335359/

Comment

Originally posted by dooosuk View Post
                                Thanks Vince...yes, I saw that 450v capacitor so knew to be careful when poking around.

Yes, my multimeter does have 600v AC setting so I'll give that a test whilst getting the voltages from the pins as well.
                                The voltage across the capacitors will be a DC voltage.

Comment

OK, so just to double check everything:

With the mains power on:

1) Confirm voltage reading across main filter cap
                                  (done via multimeter on DC 600v setting and a probe on each solder point of the cap)

2) Confirm voltage readings at pins of the connectors
                                  (done via multimeter on DC setting with one probe grounded to chassis and the other on the pin)

Comment

Ive had he backlight-board give these symptoms....

If PSU out of standby is giving 24V to backlight-board, but no light, try changing b/l board.
                                    TELEFIX

How PLASMA SCREENS WORK, X-SUS and Y-SUS what they do--
                                    http://www.irf.com/technical-info/appnotes/an-1088.pdf
                                    PLEASE DO NOT EMAIL ME PRIVATELY FOR REPAIR ADVICE. QUESTIONS BELONG ON THE FORUM!

Comment

Originally posted by dooosuk View Post
                                      OK, so just to double check everything:

With the mains power on:

1) Confirm voltage reading across main filter cap
                                      (done via multimeter on DC 600v setting and a probe on each solder point of the cap)

2) Confirm voltage readings at pins of the connectors
                                      (done via multimeter on DC setting with one probe grounded to chassis and the other on the pin)
                                      Yes thats correct.

Comment

OK, so I'm still alive.

The filter cap read 399v when plugged into the mains. I was surprised here that I needed the mains cable plugged in and the black power cable from the logic (?) board plugged in and switched on, but that's just my lack of understanding I guess.

The voltages below were all read when plugged into the mains and with the rocker power switch on the back of the TV 'on'. The TV will not switch in and out of standby so these are the only readings I could get.

PL802 - do the two readings for pins 11 and 12 look ok?

PL816 - Pin 13, 20 and 26 don't look quiet right according to schematic?

Thanks for all the pointers so far. Your help is appreciated.
                                        Attached Files
                                        Last edited by dooosuk; 10-12-2016, 02:11 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                        X