Original Xbox Replacement Caps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Original Xbox Replacement Caps

( One note no where in the majority of seller sites do they mention that they are nock offs ) you have to know this information

My I phone is giving a headache not wanting to corporate today
    Last edited by sam_sam_sam; 08-28-2020, 10:13 AM.
    9 PC LCD Monitor
    6 LCD Flat Screen TV
    30 Desk Top Switching Power Supply
    10 Battery Charger Switching Power Supply for Power Tool
    6 18v Lithium Battery Power Boards for Tool Battery Packs
    1 XBox 360 Switching Power Supply and M Board
    25 Servo Drives 220/460 3 Phase
    6 De-soldering Station Switching Power Supply 1 Power Supply
    1 Dell Mother Board
    15 Computer Power Supply
    1 HP Printer Supply & Control Board * lighting finished it *

These two repairs where found with a ESR meter...> Temp at 50*F then at 90*F the ESR reading more than 10%

1 Over Head Crane Current Sensing Board ( VFD Failure Five Years Later )
    2 Hem Saw Computer Stack Board

All of these had CAPs POOF
    All of the mosfet that are taken out by bad caps

Comment

Originally posted by jayjr1105 View Post
      My power supply is a foxlink, should I replace the 4-5 teapo's in it? I think they are mostly 2200uf 10v
      if it's like the european foxlink supplies then check the 1200uf caps.
      they always seem to be trashed.

Comment

Originally posted by stj View Post
        I took inventory of the caps on it and ordered everything, minus the Mains filter cap everything is getting replaced. My Ali poly's are taking forever to come in so the PSU is getting electrolytic's
        --------------------------------------------------------------
        Ryzen 3600x
        16GB Patriot 3600MHz
        MSI B450 Gaming Plus
        MSI Air Boost Vega 56
        Acer 32" 1440P Freesync
        Rosewill Capstone 750W
        Hakko FX-888D Station
        FX-8802 Iron
        MG Chem .8mm 63/37 RA 2.2%

Comment

Foxlink recap all done
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Per Hansson; 09-13-2020, 01:10 PM. Reason: Offsite image uploaded
          Ryzen 3600x
          16GB Patriot 3600MHz
          MSI B450 Gaming Plus
          MSI Air Boost Vega 56
          Acer 32" 1440P Freesync
          Rosewill Capstone 750W
          Hakko FX-888D Station
          FX-8802 Iron

Comment

I got all my Ali caps in today. A little disappointed in the 1500uf 6.3 poly's. Using an LCR meter they all tested rather low but not out of spec. 2 of the 20 did test out of spec at 1000uf. The rest were 1300-1400uf. Not a single one at or above 1500uf. I find that odd.
            Anyway, here are the 3300uf Sanyo WG's. Probably fake, you tell me.
            https://imgur.com/gallery/y1vqqhO

I did remove the label from one of the Sanyo's to find a vertical scratch, usually indicating a fake but it tested right at 3300uf with 0.01 ESR
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Per Hansson; 09-13-2020, 01:10 PM. Reason: Offsite images uploaded
            Ryzen 3600x
            16GB Patriot 3600MHz
            MSI B450 Gaming Plus
            MSI Air Boost Vega 56
            Acer 32" 1440P Freesync
            Rosewill Capstone 750W
            Hakko FX-888D Station
            FX-8802 Iron

Comment

I can't see those IMGUR external pictures. Can you please attach images using the forum's built-in feature? Online image hosting websites go up and down all the time, and I've seen it far too many times where after a while, a thread that is meant to have pictures has none.
              Last edited by momaka; 09-12-2020, 12:27 PM.

Comment

the images dont show the bung

Comment

the images dont show the bung
                  Here you go
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Per Hansson; 09-13-2020, 01:11 PM. Reason: Offsite image uploaded
                  Ryzen 3600x
                  16GB Patriot 3600MHz
                  MSI B450 Gaming Plus
                  MSI Air Boost Vega 56
                  Acer 32" 1440P Freesync
                  Rosewill Capstone 750W
                  Hakko FX-888D Station
                  FX-8802 Iron

Comment

Bonus pic, cut the naked one open with a razor blade. Wound very tight with many many layers. Had good moisture. If it's a fake it's not a bad one.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by Per Hansson; 09-13-2020, 01:11 PM. Reason: Offsite image uploaded
                    Ryzen 3600x
                    16GB Patriot 3600MHz
                    MSI B450 Gaming Plus
                    MSI Air Boost Vega 56
                    Acer 32" 1440P Freesync
                    Rosewill Capstone 750W
                    Hakko FX-888D Station
                    FX-8802 Iron

Comment

Nevermind about them being real. They are 100% fake. Further ESR testing shows them between .03 and 0.6 ESR (tested all of them) and the datasheet specifies .012 max at 100KHz 20c
                      Similar caps new and old test accurately around .02 to .01

Attached Files
                      Last edited by Per Hansson; 09-13-2020, 01:12 PM. Reason: Offsite images uploaded
                      Ryzen 3600x
                      16GB Patriot 3600MHz
                      MSI B450 Gaming Plus
                      MSI Air Boost Vega 56
                      Acer 32" 1440P Freesync
                      Rosewill Capstone 750W
                      Hakko FX-888D Station
                      FX-8802 Iron

Comment

Yea 100% fake, Sanyo / Suncon do not use bungs with concentric rings.
                        And only some larger caps have the X vent, 10mm caps have K type vents.
                        "The one who says it cannot be done should never interrupt the one who is doing it."

Comment

What's the story on these green KZE's? XBOX is a 1.0 and a very early if not first batch.
                          They look okay but wasn't sure if these were capacitor plague era or not.
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by Per Hansson; 09-19-2020, 12:50 PM. Reason: Offsite image uploaded
                          Ryzen 3600x
                          16GB Patriot 3600MHz
                          MSI B450 Gaming Plus
                          MSI Air Boost Vega 56
                          Acer 32" 1440P Freesync
                          Rosewill Capstone 750W
                          Hakko FX-888D Station
                          FX-8802 Iron

Comment

What's the story on these green KZE's?
                            KZE -> very very reliable
                            I would leave them.

Originally posted by Per Hansson View Post
                            Yea 100% fake, Sanyo / Suncon do not use bungs with concentric rings.
                            And only some larger caps have the X vent, 10mm caps have K type vents.
                            I still don't see half of the images from the offsite links, but the one that did load up eventually... yep 100% fake indeed.

jayjr1105, can you please attach images with the forum's built in attachment tool? (click "Post Reply" or "Go Advanced", then click on the "Manage Attachments" below the message prompt.) Someone's going to view this thread a few years from now, and I bet you most of the off-site images will be gone.
                            Last edited by momaka; 09-15-2020, 11:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by momaka View Post
                              KZE -> very very reliable
                              I would leave them.

I still don't see half of the images from the offsite links, but the one that did load up eventually... yep 100% fake indeed.

jayjr1105, can you please attach images with the forum's built in attachment tool? (click "Post Reply" or "Go Advanced", then click on the "Manage Attachments" below the message prompt.) Someone's going to view this thread a few years from now, and I bet you most of the off-site images will be gone.
                              Thanks, I did pull one of the KZE's yesterday and it tested out great, very low ESR and well within spec for capacitance.

I did post some images last week using my screenshot tool (lightshot) and I can confirm it doesn't play nice with hosting images for other websites. I have since started using imgur which should show all my images. Which ones can you not see?
                              Ryzen 3600x
                              16GB Patriot 3600MHz
                              MSI B450 Gaming Plus
                              MSI Air Boost Vega 56
                              Acer 32" 1440P Freesync
                              Rosewill Capstone 750W
                              Hakko FX-888D Station
                              FX-8802 Iron

Comment

What brand officially uses the concentric rings? Seems fairly common as a fake.

BTW I have a bunch of the fake WG Sanyos 2200uF 10V that look just like the 3300uF 6.3V units above, concentric rings and X and all. What really annoys me about fakes is that pretty much all leak at the rated voltage...
                                Last edited by eccerr0r; 09-17-2020, 11:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by eccerr0r View Post

BTW I have a bunch of the fake WG Sanyos 2200uF 10V that look just like the 3300uF 6.3V units above, concentric rings and X and all. What really annoys me about fakes is that pretty much all leak at the rated voltage...
                                  Of the 10 I ordered, some actually had a totally different bung that was more traditionally shaped but still had a X vent instead of K. Also tested well above an very low esr for such a cap.

Stock photo not my actual cap but the bungs on some looked like this https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon....1E3hWoeCmL.jpg
                                  Last edited by jayjr1105; 09-17-2020, 01:09 PM.
                                  Ryzen 3600x
                                  16GB Patriot 3600MHz
                                  MSI B450 Gaming Plus
                                  MSI Air Boost Vega 56
                                  Acer 32" 1440P Freesync
                                  Rosewill Capstone 750W
                                  Hakko FX-888D Station
                                  FX-8802 Iron

Comment

Agreed.
                                    But I did attach all pictures last weekend so you can see them all.
                                    "The one who says it cannot be done should never interrupt the one who is doing it."

Comment

I did post some images last week using my screenshot tool (lightshot) and I can confirm it doesn't play nice with hosting images for other websites. I have since started using imgur which should show all my images. Which ones can you not see?
                                      The first one with the direct link and I think the one with the Foxlink PSU... and maybe a few others. It was a bit random.

Just to make sure, I did try viewing this thread on different PCs and with different browsers, since I know my Opera 12 can act a bit iffy with newer sites and/or externally linked photos... but that wasn't the case this time. Whatever was going on cleared up after a few days and I was able to view the images before Per uploaded them to the forums.

Teapo... at least I've seen it on a number of small SC series (6.3V, 1000 uF) that came from HP OEM ASUS P4SD motherboards... but not all of them had the concentric rings, so who knows what Teapo did there.

What really annoys me about fakes is that pretty much all leak at the rated voltage...
                                      LOL!

Originally posted by Per Hansson View Post
                                      Agreed.
                                      But I did attach all pictures last weekend so you can see them all.
                                      Thank you!
                                      I noticed the page also loaded much faster this time.

Comment

Thank you!
                                        I noticed the page also loaded much faster this time.
                                        The direct links to imgur are still there for the inline pictures.
                                        I always do it like that: just attach the linked picture without changing the link itself.
                                        (As long as it points to a https source and actually exists that is).

Comment

Any harm in using fewer caps around the CPU? The XBOX either has five 1500uf caps or three 3300uf caps. Could you simply populate two 4700uf caps on the left and right most sides? You can get away with about 27mm (maybe 30) height and 12.5mm width. Just curious if it quantity matters vs sticking with same bulk capacitance and voltage.
                                          Ryzen 3600x
                                          16GB Patriot 3600MHz
                                          MSI B450 Gaming Plus
                                          MSI Air Boost Vega 56
                                          Acer 32" 1440P Freesync
                                          Rosewill Capstone 750W
                                          Hakko FX-888D Station
                                          FX-8802 Iron

Comment

Working...
                                          X