HP ProBook 2560p missing info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HP ProBook 2560p missing info

I got this laptop with the usual crap about missing BIOS info. Not sure if it was BIOS reflashed, or MoBo replaced, but I tried everything possible and could not make it work to input the values. BIOS info shows the UUID to be all Fs which should be what I want. Wnbdmifit 1.19 craps me with locked MPM. Version 2.07, 2.10 and 2.13 crap me with not supporting this system board.

When I put it on bootable drive, it boots, wants me to input date, no matter whan I input it tells me I need to fill serial number first to run more options and gives me options to program, show, save or blank UUID. No matter what I do, either nothing happens, or it shows UUID as 0x0000000…all zeroes, the other fields are blak and than halts.

Tried several different SMC.bin files to try to blank the UUID, nothing ever happens.

So, is there a way out of this? The laptop works, just shows this crap everytime it POSTs.
    Less jewellery, more gold into electrotech industry! Half of the computer problems is caused by bad contacts

Exclusive caps, meters and more!
    Hardware Insights - power supply reviews and more!

Re: HP ProBook 2560p missing info

The easiest way is to find working dump, there are some in this forum, the sn won't be correct but it will boot without error messages.

Comment

So it is really just about the BIOS itself? Cause I've read that normal flashing does not touch the UUID. Wouldn't it complain with it either being all zeroes or Fs?
      Less jewellery, more gold into electrotech industry! Half of the computer problems is caused by bad contacts

Comment

Try this hp toolkit,it has support for the 2560p
        Attached Files
        All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Originally posted by Behemot View Post
          I got this laptop with the usual crap about missing BIOS info. Not sure if it was BIOS reflashed, or MoBo replaced, but I tried everything possible and could not make it work to input the values. BIOS info shows the UUID to be all Fs which should be what I want. Wnbdmifit 1.19 craps me with locked MPM. Version 2.07, 2.10 and 2.13 crap me with not supporting this system board.

When I put it on bootable drive, it boots, wants me to input date, no matter whan I input it tells me I need to fill serial number first to run more options and gives me options to program, show, save or blank UUID. No matter what I do, either nothing happens, or it shows UUID as 0x0000000…all zeroes, the other fields are blak and than halts.

Tried several different SMC.bin files to try to blank the UUID, nothing ever happens.

So, is there a way out of this? The laptop works, just shows this crap everytime it POSTs.
          Edit this file original bios using hex editor.
          Attached Files

Comment

Guess that this is the part:

H P _ M O D E L H P E l i t e B o o k 2 5 6 0 p mŞU   C wwÝÇeŢ/ŠeEfB¦U9ěH P _ C S N C N U 2 1 4 1 D 8 C “ŞU   % x3Çe/*eEfB¦U9ěH P _ S K U  X B 2 0 8 A V ŞU    xÝÇe/*eEfB¦U9ěH P _ U U I D UĐE^ŐCâŚâ/ XŞU   •m͉]ziL–`΁l FH P _ D i g i t a l E s t a r  ŞU   , JČôjü˙“K»ŕ ftďH P _ N V S T R I N G S A 0 0 0 1 D 0 2 P C E Y A 0 0 1 Y 2 J 2 I 4

Comment

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post
              Try this hp toolkit,it has support for the 2560p
              Tried this. It does start doing something, unlike the other versions, so when I input P, it asks for PN, SN and than ConfigID where I am screwed. After inputing some zeroes it finally gaves up with this error:

Failed to write ConfigID (Error Code: 0x85). The system has to be on MPM mode to use this command

Than it asks for CT number, after filling which it displays current status (nothing filled) and hangs.

Seems that I do need to unlock the BIOS after all? And what the heck is the ConfigID?
              Last edited by Behemot; 07-01-2018, 06:09 AM.

Comment

Tried this. It does start doing something, unlike the other versions, so when I input P, it asks for PN, SN and than ConfigID where I am screwed. After inputing some zeroes it finally gaves up with this error:

Failed to write ConfigID (Error Code: 0x85). The system has to be on MPM mode to use this command

Than it asks for CT number, after filling which it displays current status (nothing filled) and hangs.

Seems that I do need to unlock the BIOS after all? And what the heck is the ConfigID?
                You try my file?

Comment

What exactly is that part of? Should I save it as SMC.bin after modding the few strings and try to unlock the MPM?

Comment

Look inside the battery compartment at the stickers,and on the base, there you`ll find your serial number etc. The UUID number might be on a sticker on the RAM slot . Can you upload a bios backup ,and let us have those numbers,or pm them to one of us.

e.g.

HP CSN xxxxxxx
                    HP SKU xxxxxxxx
                    SYSTEM BOARD CT xxx etc
                    Mac Address xxxxxxx
                    UUID xxx etc
                    All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

I got PN, SN, MB CTU, MAC.

It does not want MAC on me anyways, but it wants some ConfigID. Ther is no UUID anywhere either.

Comment

You can enter the number 1 for the UUID. MAC you can enter randomly.

"Failed to write ConfigID (Error Code: 0x85). The system has to be on MPM mode to use this command"

I can sort that out if you have a bios backup, i can edit the bios with an unlocked mpm ,then you can use the dmi toolkit again to enter your SN etc.
                        Last edited by SMDFlea; 07-01-2018, 08:22 AM.

Comment

I got PN, SN, MB CTU, MAC.

It does not want MAC on me anyways, but it wants some ConfigID. Ther is no UUID anywhere either.
                          My file all have information but different sn,ctu,and other.You need old bios and edit this file if have bios programmer.

Comment

IC. What tool can I use to dump or write BIOS image with these 2560p?

Comment

IC. What tool can I use to dump or write BIOS image with these 2560p?
                              Download the file in the attatchment and save it.Extract the folder and save the FPT folder to your C drive
                              C:\FPT64

Shut down the laptop.Hold down the Win key and the up and down arrow keys ,start the laptop keep holding the keys for a few seconds. You should see a message at the top left saying flash descriptor unlocked, let go of the keys and let windows boot up.Open a command prompt as admin ,type each command and press enter after each.

cd C:\FPT64

fptw64 -D backup.rom

exit

Shut down the laptop,take the charger and battery out,press the power button for 20 seconds.Put the battery back in,plug charger in and start laptop.
                              You should have a bios backup now in the C:\FPT64 folder called backup.rom .Zip that file up and upload it.
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by SMDFlea; 07-01-2018, 11:07 AM.

Comment

Well it did not unlock (no message during startup other than the leftover* after messing with the DMI unlock tool) so I am getting error (no read access).

Does the C:\ have to be the first partition on the hard drive? Isn't it better to use flash drive instead?
                                Last edited by Behemot; 07-01-2018, 10:08 AM.

Comment

The tool i posted on post #15 is to make a backup of your bios,it can also be used to flash a bios image,but thats not what we want to do yet. Try again this time hold down the WIN + LEFT ARROW + RIGHT ARROW keys and press the start button holding those keys for a few seconds , if theres a message about the flash descriptor being unlocked thats ok,keep following the instructions above, if there isn`t any message you must have a later 2560 with an ivy bridge cpu. If you`ve got an ivy bridge cpu then you`ll have to read the bios with a bios programmer and soic clip, or keep trying with the different DMI tools.

Comment

https://youtu.be/9VKwnKrGsl8

Comment

Interesting, using left and right keys changed something, this time it wrote something about SPI and I've got the dump, hold on a sec.

Why the heck do all the manuals say up and down when it's right and left?

ADD// here goes; ya need the filled .vss fila too, or the SN, PN, CTU values?
                                      Attached Files
                                      Last edited by Behemot; 07-01-2018, 03:08 PM.

Comment

Great. Can you PM the sn ,pn,etc to me and imranromi .

Comment

Working...
                                        X