939 Help! Hakko's Lockout Instructions don't work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hakko Soldering Iron Ebay Find!

Which boards do you need new pictures of other than the bottom of the board by the transformer?

Comment

The solder traces of all three boards. The other two are out of focus and blurred by camera flash.

Comment

To disable the temperature lockout feature on the 939, 929 and 927 station:

Remove L6 from the sensor board inside the unit. This will cause the temperature controller to permanently read as through a key card has been inserted and allow the temperature to be changed.
        I removed L6 (light emitting diode) and there was no change. Still could not adjust the temperatures.

Do I need to bridge that connection where L6 was?

Comment

The folks at Hakko have provided BUNK instructions with this L6 thing. I too removed it and now the temp can not be changed, even with the card inserted. Now I'm going to have to get a new diode and solder it back in. Thanks Hakko.

Comment

Re: 939 Help! Hakko's Lockout Instructions don't work

I got an email from Hakko saying I have to bridge it in order to work without the card. But oddly I was talking to someone the other day who told me he has applied this procedure to dozens of 939's without any bridging. So there must be different revisions of the board.

Anyway, I soldered it back in. All is good now. (Dunno why I bothered doing this when I had the card).

Comment

had to bridge it on some 927's i have.hakko instructions are wrong.

Comment

Ha, just noticed Hakko revised their instructions. Glad they listened to me. Maybe I should have done the solder bridge but I figured since I still had the diode (and the card), I might as well put it back in.

"Remove L6 from the sensor board inside the unit and place a solder bridge between the pads. This will cause the temperature controller to permanently read as through a key card has been inserted and allow the temperature to be changed."
                Last edited by Fizbin69; 02-02-2016, 09:22 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X