Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung UN40D6000XFZA Ver H302 Possible Bad T-CON or Panel

Hello!

I'm working on a Samsung UN40D6000XFZA ver H302 LED backlight LCD and I am having some issues determining if the T-CON is bad or if the panel itself is bad.

If I unplug both ribbon cables that go from the T-CON to the panel, and turn the TV on, the panel is messed up, but only for a little bit. Then it goes completely back and no lines.

If, looking at the T-CON, I remove the right ribbon cable and leave the left in, and turn on the TV, none of the Samsung logo appears. If I do it the other way, the first half of the Samsung logo appears. However, if both cables are in, the entire Samsung logo appears.

There are vertical lines going down the screen, on each half. Could this be a bad T-CON or is this a bad panel? It seems like a really nice television, and I'm hoping it's not the panel.

It's a little hard to tell from the pictures, but if I unplug, let's say the left ribbon cable bfrom the T-CON, the vertical lines are still on the left hand side of the TV, but only for a bit. After a little bit of time, they go away...When both cables are removed, the lines are there for only a little, then completely go away.

There's also maybe two rows at the top of the screen, when viewing the screen on the right hand side, of a horizontal dotted line. That makes me think bad panel. That's only there when both ribbon cables from the T-CON are unhooked though.
    Attached Files
    -- Law of Expanding Memory: Applications Will Also Expand Until RAM Is Full

Re: Samsung UN40D6000XFZA Ver H302 Possible Bad T-CON or Panel

I am not 100% sure on the name of the boards that connect to the panel and the T-CON. I have always referred to these boards as driver boards. I've taken the cables that come from these boards, the ones that go into the panel itself, and have touched them lightly, hoping something would change on the TV, but nothing.

Comment

Re: Samsung UN40D6000XFZA Ver H302 Possible Bad T-CON or Panel

What's giving me some troubles identifying the fault, the vertical lines are almost symmetrical, as you can see in this video, with a video source hooked up to the TV.
      Attached Files

Comment

Working...
      X