X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dell E196FPf

Originally posted by garbermf
    PlainBill,
    Do you want me to post any pictures back side of the board?
    Yes, I do, thanks for offering. I'm going to have to do a little circuit tracing to locate test points.

The detail visible in the one you posted is excellent. The only problem was it covered only part of the board. I would like two pictures, one of the top and one of the bottom of the board, both covering the full size of the board.

PlainBill
    For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

Here are the pictures that you requested. Please let me know if you need more details.
      Attached Files

Comment

Here are the pictures that you requested. Please let me know if you need more details.
        They are adequate. Unfortunately, I've just discovered that working with double sided boards is a whole new ball game!

I've circled what should be the three main filter caps. It appears this design has only a single output on the main supply. Check the voltage across the caps; they should all read the same.

PlainBill
        Attached Files
        For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

All three caps measured the same: 25.9 ACV

Comment

All three caps measured the same: 25.9 ACV
            Try it on the DC range.

PlainBill

Comment

I got 12.15 DCV on all three.

garbermf

Comment

I got 12.15 DCV on all three.

garbermf
                Good!!! That seems to show the power supply is working. While it is possible there are bad caps, let's move on to another area.

I've marked up the picture of the top. I've circled three devices - probably voltage regulators - and labeled them A, B, and C. I've also marked one pin on each in red, and labeled a ground point. With the monitor plugged in, measure the DC voltage from each of the pins AND the tab on each device to the point I've marked Gnd.

In addition, I've marked 4 additional devices D, E, F, and G. A couple of these may be transistors; if they are the location designator would start with a Q. (Q201, Q723, etc). Ignore any that start with a Q. For the three voltage regulators and the additional devices 'tagged' with a letter (with the exception noted above), what is the part number on the package?

PlainBill

Comment

Would you please post the marked up picture?

Comment

Would you please post the marked up picture?

PlainBill
                    Attached Files

Comment

Here are the readings A = 12.15 , b= 0, c= 0 I had a hard time reading your letter markings on your picture so going down on the left column here are the labels:

a: U851 - 1506 0549BL

b: d857 - UTC LD1117AL 33AJASJ03

c: U802 - MM1117 188526

e: C409 - PM25LV010 EN190K 0547HAN

f: U301 - CSI 24FC02W1 0539E

Right column going down:

d: Q501 - A12E 1C

g: Q502 - W1A 59

Comment

Are these the caps you replaced? It sounds like I have the same problem but don't have an electronics test bench - just need to do a quick fix. I've circled the ones I think you switched with success. If these are, I'll order them from my local shop.

If they aren't the right ones, can you circle the two you replaced?

Comment

Hi

I have the same model Dell E196fpf which has no power.
                          I have identified the yellow transformer to be faulty using flyback tester.
                          Anyone knows where I can buy this part? Thanks.

Comment

I've seen a lot of the FPf series,as well as many other Monitors and as yet have never come across one of these transformers that have failed !!,perhaps this is the first one !.The normal fault on these is the regular failure of the SMPS chip,A voltage Regulator failure,and of course caps,although that is unlikely to be your problem.If is is the transformer,then unless you can find a Board with another fault, then I doubt very much whether you can source one.Where are you located ??

Comment

I am located in Singapore.
                              Using the flyback tester, these are the readings I have got. PRI side pins 1-2 bad with two red bar; pins 3-4 green ok; SEC side pins 5-6 & 7-8 shorted no light. I am pretty sure the readings are accurate.

Tomorrow I can get hold of a unit of E176Fpf, I think they are using the same board. Let me swap the transformer and test. Will report back.

Comment

Tomorrow I can get hold of a unit of E176Fpf, I think they are using the same board. Let me swap the transformer and test. Will report back.

I asked for the location, as I have a number of E173's etc,and may have been able to help if you were UK Based... Good luck when you replace it.

Comment

darn... E176Fpf circuit board is different model from E196Fpf, the transformer is also different too. I am at dead end...

Comment

E153FPf and the E173FPf,seem to be the same cosmetically,but there are slight differences in the Circuitry between them and the E196FPf..HOWEVER the latter is the same as the E177FPf,if you see one of them.

Comment

Need to what is the real value R856, R861, and R887

Comment

Are yours totally burnt up ? or missing? - Sometimes they look pretty burnt but you can clean with iPA or the rings remain on the side nearest the board.
                                        What do they test at
                                        Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair
                                        http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39740

Comment

R856 is 15Ω R861 is 470Ω...cannot find the other resistor, check the number...also I am away on holiday today,so hopefully someone will help with other values if necessary.

Comment

Working...
                                          X