Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Asrock Fatal1ty Z370 Gaming k6 physically damaged

Hello!
    I found a wonderful tower in the recycle, with cpu, motherboard and psu, i wonder why soneone would waste such a new pc and then i noticed that the mb is physically damaged in the back.
    Seems like the genious owner tried to pry the right cover and damaged the mb, the scratches were not deep enough to damage the copper lines but they were enough to detach some capasitors and who know what else.
    Anyway all i want to know is what is this little circuit in the back right in the back of USB and onboard HDMI.
    If it's something critical like the CPU circuit then is useless if it's for i.e usb no problem.
    Thank you in advance!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Andreasbest; 01-29-2021, 04:20 AM.

Re: Asrock Fatal1ty Z370 Gaming k6 ohysically damaged

power it up and see what happens
    Follow me on YouTube
    ------------------
    Learn Electronics Repair
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFX...R8UZ2vg/videos

Comment

The ASM1543 chip is for USB-C ,there`s no datasheet for it - https://www.asmedia.com.tw/product/8...0yQc0rgeGp9TJ4. If you find a schematic with that same part on,you might be able to find out/guess what the missing parts values are (missing parts are on pins 17-20 ? ), assuming the typical circuit layout is the same.Find 2 schematics to cross reference.

EDIT: Here`s 1 schematic with it, page 71 https://cdn.badcaps-static.com/pdfs/...87452a14c3.pdf

Last edited by SMDFlea; 01-29-2021, 07:43 AM.
      All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post
        The ASM1543 chip is for USB-C ,there`s no datasheet for it - https://www.asmedia.com.tw/product/8...0yQc0rgeGp9TJ4. If you find a schematic with that same part on,you might be able to find out/guess what the missing parts values are (missing parts are on pins 17-20 ? ), assuming the typical circuit layout is the same.Find 2 schematics to cross reference.

EDIT: Here`s 1 schematic with it, page 71 https://cdn.badcaps-static.com/pdfs/...87452a14c3.pdf

Hello!
        I found 3 schematics, with yours 4 and i cross reference, although i'm a bit confused.
        Not sure what the value 0 1% 02 means after the resistors in 2 of the schematics (perhaps 0.02Ω with 1% tolerance?)
        Check the excel.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Andreasbest; 01-29-2021, 10:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Andreasbest View Post
          Hello!
          I found 3 schematics, with yours 4 and i cross reference, although i'm a bit confused.
          Not sure what the value 0 1% 02 means after the resistors in 2 of the schematics (perhaps 0.02Ω with 1% tolerance?)
          Check the excel.
          Its 0 Ohms , 1% , 0402 size
          All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

So two of the schematics show 0.04Ω and the other two 0Ω
            What should i put on the pcb? XD

Comment

Re: Asrock Fatal1ty Z370 Gaming k6 physically damaged

Which ones, what pin numbers are they connected to

Comment

Looks like i was wrong about that,the 02 would be 0201. , 0 ohms, 1% ,0201 .

The attatched picture has a 0 Ohm 0402 resistors connected to pins 19 and 20
                Attached Files

Comment

Looks like i was wrong about that,the 02 would be 0201. , 0 ohms, 1% ,0201 .

The attatched picture has a 0 Ohm 0402 resistors connected to pins 19 and 20
                  Yes these. In two schematics are reported as 0.04Ω and on on the other two as 0 1% 02.
                  But in those reported as 0 1% 02 they are into something called "Colay
                  Near J_TYPEC1"

Comment

I`d go with 0 ohms ,1% and whatever size they are. Are they 0402 or 0603

Comment

damn hate seeing dmg like that to good hardware! looks like wolverine clawed his way through the board tho unsuccessfully. lol!

Comment

I cleaned the mess with the broken and shortcircuit SMD back there, i replace the PSU (seems like this was the problem anyway) and the mb works like a charm, although i'm almost conviced the USB Type C will not work but i can't express you how much i don't care : ))

Comment

Working...
                        X