Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dell 1703fps backlight problem

Originally posted by truckerron View Post
    i have the same monitor and same problem but don't know nothing about fixing eletronics where could i take it or send to get fixed thanks ron
    This site is more for DIY. You can always get your monitor locally repaired, but I suspect it will cost you more than $30 to get it fixed.

On my local kijiji/craigslist, I can get a working 19 inch LCD for $25 CDN (if I'm patient).
    --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

For me, a 17 inch LCD monitor is not worth paying anyone to fix. If you fix it yourself, thats different. You'll probably pay someone at least $50 to fix it, while you will find one that works on Craigslist for $50. It's up to you.
      The strong-minded rise to the challenge of their goals,the weak-minded BECOME HATERS

Comment

If you live near a community college or technical trade school that provides electronics/TV repair training, then you should be able to get it repaired for free with you paying only for parts. These schools are always looking for equiptment to give their students "hands on training" in electronics repair. Of course, understand that your monitor may not be repairable due to lack of parts or knowledge. Go into something like this knowing that there are no guarantees for a successful repair.
        Last edited by jetadm123; 12-07-2010, 05:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sabre504 View Post
          Strange that the transformer that has burnt out on the firt pic is the exact same one that i had to change be interesting to hear from others if the transformer is the one that has gone on theirs not that it probably makes a lot of difference but its the one closest to the psu board
          I have a Dell 1703FPs with the same transformer burned on the side near the center of the Lien Cheng LI-2070 inverter board. Does the replacement of this board "fix the 2 second to black" problem on this monitor? What is causing this very common problem with this monitor? Bad design? CCLs, transformers or other componets bad?

Does anyone have any thoughts about replacing the Lien Cheng board with the AMBIT KO2103.00 board available on LCD repair for about twenty dollars? This monitor is over 7 years old so maybe this is "normal" for this model?

Thanks for any/all responses as I am making a decision to fix or junk soon.

Comment

Originally posted by sheepshine View Post
            I have a Dell 1703FPs with the same transformer burned on the side near the center of the Lien Cheng LI-2070 inverter board. Does the replacement of this board "fix the 2 second to black" problem on this monitor?
            Monitors can have multiple problems that all contribute to 2 seconds to black. In the same monitor, you could have bad caps, bad transformer, bad ccfl tubes/wiring. And yes, we had cases here with multiple problems.

Does anyone have any thoughts about replacing the Lien Cheng board with the AMBIT KO2103.00 board available on LCD repair for about twenty dollars? This monitor is over 7 years old so maybe this is "normal" for this model?
            A monitor that is 7 years may also have failing or near failing ccfls depending on usage. In addition, the caps are probably near death after 7 years especially if they are Capxon.

For me personally, if the transformer is bad and I can find a replacement on ebay for less than $5 total, then I would repair it. If I had to spend $10 on the transformer + $10 for caps + $20 for ccfls, then see post #29.

A replacement board is likely to come with crappy used caps.
            --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Working...
            X