Thank you to the guys at HEGE supporting Badcaps [ HEGE ] [ HEGE DEX Chart ]

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cant find this inverter board anywhere!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cant find this inverter board anywhere!!!

Originally posted by Sammich View Post
    i know i know about the pictures but where i work i am not allowed to take pictures let alone possess a camera for any reason. we are allowed to have cellphones that have cameras but if we get caught taking a picture its immediate walking you out.
    If they are going to disable you tell them to buy a new one.
    Mann-Made Global Warming.
    - We should be more concerned about the Intellectual Climate.

-
    Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

- Dr Seuss
    -
    You can teach a man to fish and feed him for life, but if he can't handle sushi you must also teach him to cook.
    -

Comment

Where do you work? Fbi?

Comment

http://www.ccflwarehouse.com/17ccdulaasfo1.html

those are the exact ccfl's and the correct pigtails on it.

found the tech manual for the pannel itself now i get to sift thru it. its in PDF and gotta download it

http://www.4shared.com/get/ZfnTwsNK/...r_TFT-LCD.html

i work in a rather large worldwide manufacturing company - just leavin it at that haha
        Last edited by Sammich; 11-18-2010, 10:51 AM.

Comment

Have you a part number for the power board ?

Comment

so you have a inverter that runs the top tubes and one that runs the bottom tubes?

Comment

the inverter with # TBD266L REV1.0 EAO2B266 has a power board with the numbers:

BT-R08LDNQ
              Bien GM5221-02-R6
              REV:06
              2006/01/09

the other monitor that has the TBD266LR-1inverter has a power board with the numbers of:

Bien
              BT-R06LANQ
              2005/06/22
              GMZAN3_SL_BIEN_17_R5

the inverters are not seperate, thier all on one PCB board theres what i belive to be 2 seperate circuits that are tied at the beginning so to speak so one power cable powers both of them

Comment

like this one
                Attached Files

Comment

huh? can you just PLEASE get some pics? tbh this thread is going to end up 75% useless and a waste to time. if you cant get pictures, buy a new monitor.

Comment

sorry about that. i just read it again and makes me sound like a complete jerk,...dont take it that way at all, im just in a shitty mood. :P

Comment

Originally posted by bonney View Post
                      like this one
                      exactly like that one! not 100% but dang near close to it the power board looks like its 98% exact.

i would not hesitate to try that inverter in this monitor lets just say that haha

Comment

Originally posted by shovenose View Post
                        sorry about that. i just read it again and makes me sound like a complete jerk,...dont take it that way at all, im just in a shitty mood. :P
                        lol i did at first but yea i know how those days go...

Comment

alright got a few more bad monitors of the same type, managed to cobble together one that works fine.

Since i last posted i contacted a whole bunch of people (including advantech, tdk and chunghwa) none are willing to help, tdk said they specialty built those inverters specifically for advantech and are not allowed to give out ANY information in regards to them(somehting tells me they are also in military use hence secrecy) because advantech was trying to help but didnt have any parts to send out either. Soo that would be why me or any of you guys could ind any info on them.

Anyways i took the good inverter board and good interface/powersupply card and put them into a non working pannel thinking its gotta be one or the other. Well i was wrong. The same symptoms are there with known good inverter and powersupply/interface.

only thing else connected is the LCD itself.

Symptoms include: When first turning it on, screen lights up a little bit(to that typical LCD black) the windows desktop pops up for 1-2 seconds then completely shuts off. When its briefly lit it appears to be equally lit. Sometimes it will have a pinkish half second flash right before it shuts off. Does this indicate bad CCFL bulbs??

Comment

alright got a few more bad monitors of the same type, managed to cobble together one that works fine.

Since i last posted i contacted a whole bunch of people (including advantech, tdk and chunghwa) none are willing to help, tdk said they specialty built those inverters specifically for advantech and are not allowed to give out ANY information in regards to them(somehting tells me they are also in military use hence secrecy) because advantech was trying to help but didnt have any parts to send out either. Soo that would be why me or any of you guys could ind any info on them.

Anyways i took the good inverter board and good interface/powersupply card and put them into a non working pannel thinking its gotta be one or the other. Well i was wrong. The same symptoms are there with known good inverter and powersupply/interface.

only thing else connected is the LCD itself.

Symptoms include: When first turning it on, screen lights up a little bit(to that typical LCD black) the windows desktop pops up for 1-2 seconds then completely shuts off. When its briefly lit it appears to be equally lit. Sometimes it will have a pinkish half second flash right before it shuts off. Does this indicate bad CCFL bulbs??
                            Since you can't take photos, my best advice to you is to take the one that you fixed and take voltage/resistance measurements and compare those readings to the broken ones. We really have have to see what you're seeing in order to provide any meaningful help.

Comment

Sometimes it will have a pinkish half second flash right before it shuts off. Does this indicate bad CCFL bulbs??
                              2 seconds to black can be

1) bad caps
                              2) bad inverter transformer
                              3) bad ccfl
                              4) bad ccfl wiring
                              5) something wrong in the sense circuitry

A pinkish hue indicates a dying ccfl tube/bulb.
                              --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

yup it turned out to be a dead cfl bulb, took that monitor apart and hooked up the ccfl's to a working oneand viola! works great.

Now i have 2 working monitors, another one the psu or interface is screwy (same symptom, swapped with a known good board and monitor works, so gotta be in this board)

got 2 bad inverters

a loose cap on another psu board

an lcd with probably dead ccfl bulb

no more good touch screen overlays (actual touch sense part) one is shaddered other partially melted...

time to start cobbiling!

thanks for all your help so far!

Comment

Got another one working minus touch part.

Im out of good CCFL's now too haha

Thank you all for your help!

Comment

Im out of good CCFL's now too haha
                                    ccflwarehouse.com has good feedback from members here if you really want to fix them.
                                    --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

i probably could but this is the odd ball monitor and its got slightly different connectors on alot of stuff and ive been robbing parts from it.

might just keep it for parts

Comment

Sammich,

For Advantech, as this vendor has long product lifetime for industrial product You can just buy spare parts directly from Advantech.
                                        Depend by inverter size it costs about 10-20 EUR in Europe.
                                        Now handy list:

TPC-1570
                                        P/N: 1254000880 Inverter DC-AC 15" 2 Lamp LCD T TBD291L TDK

TPC-1780 / TPC-1780
                                        P/N: 1254000882 Inverter DC-AC 17" 4 Lamp LCD TBD266LR-1 TDK

FPM-3170
                                        P/N: 1254000279 Inverter DC-AC 17" 4Lamp LCD TBD266LR-1 TDK

FPM-3191
                                        P/N: 1254100500 INV DC to AC 4L CCFL (LV-200-A) for FPM-3190
                                        If anybody has problem with Advantech products or need assistance with part ordering feel free to PM me.

Originally Posted by Sammich View Post
                                        Sometimes it will have a pinkish half second flash right before it shuts off. Does this indicate bad CCFL bulbs??
                                        I repaired over 740 LCD kits in HP products. It usually happens as CCFL backlight is depleted, then it stress inverter too much and it will disable output to avoid overload.
                                        So instead of fixing inverter only You have to focus on LCD backlight too. Replace raw CCFL lamps or whole LCD. Advantech also is selling spare LCD.

TPC-1570
                                        P/N: 1330000018 LCD AUO G150XG01V0 XGA 15" LVDS 350nit 50K

TPC-1770 / TPC-1780
                                        P/N: 1330000185 LCD AUO M170EG01 VD SXGA 17" 2chLVDS 300ni

FPM-3171G
                                        P/N: 1330000705 LCD CPT CLAA170EA07P SXGA 17" LVDS
                                        Last edited by tomasz.malewski; 07-10-2011, 08:55 AM. Reason: subscribe

Comment

Working...
                                        X