LTEC LTG specs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LTEC LTG specs?

Does anybody have a datasheet for Ltec LTG series? I'm recapping a power supply that has a number of these. Ltec's website doesn't seem to mention that series.

Re: LTEC LTG specs?

Yeah does anyone have the datasheet for this series or know what is equivalent to another Ltec series?

Comment

Anyone? My Delta psu is full of them!

Comment

Ltec caps are crap. change them out before they catch on fire

Comment

My best guess is that they are equal to Nichicon HD, HV, or something like. However, LTEC already have two series equal to HD, LYZ and LXY, so more likely HV. I see them used interchangeably in some Delta PSUs. An example would be on this +12V output, in this unit:

http://www.techpowerup.com/mobile/re.../VP350P/4.html

No datasheet exists for them. They are likely a custom order made for Delta as I can't recall seeing the LTG series anywhere else. As to catching fire... unless the power supply is earnestly gutless or designed poorly, I highly doubt they're problematic enough to cause a fire hazard (unless it leaks from the bottom on a double-layer PCB... but that's different). They could bring about the slow demise of your components, though, at the wrong ripple voltage and with a certain overshoot (faster demise). Not calling them good, but truth be told, every brand has their Achilles heel, including the Japanese brands.
          Last edited by Wester547; 05-10-2015, 09:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by CapSwapper View Post
            Ltec caps are crap. change them out before they catch on fire
            Well, delta seems to be able to make them last a fair while in most of their PSUs.
            At least they aren't as bad a CapXon's!
            Muh-soggy-knee

Comment

Working...
            X