Philips FR-740 working but no audio output

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Philips FR-740 working but no audio output

It should'nt be hard to find a transitor to use for now, almost any pnp rated higher than 60v should work.
    So with that transistor out of circuit do you have audio out of the speakers?
    did the voltage on 7310 (C) drop a bit lower from before?
    With that transistor out of circuit, any comand from the front panel should have no effect on turning the amp ic's on or off, so if there still is no audio (and you have it at the stk inputs) then that voltage on the CCC line must still be too high
    Last edited by R_J; 02-18-2018, 03:24 PM.

Comment

replaced 7309, 7304, 7310, 7902, 7909. same voltages remain.
      Could be a bad capacitor somewhere? Why the voltage is too high?

Comment

Originally posted by R_J View Post
        It should'nt be hard to find a transitor to use for now, almost any pnp rated higher than 60v should work.
        So with that transistor out of circuit do you have audio out of the speakers?
        did the voltage on 7310 (C) drop a bit lower from before?
        With that transistor out of circuit, any comand from the front panel should have no effect on turning the amp ic's on or off, so if there still is no audio (and you have it at the stk inputs) then that voltage on the CCC line must still be too high
        No still no audio voltage on CCC too high, don't know why. Without transistor, C of 7310 is -37.7V.
        Tried replacing cap 2350 without success
        Last edited by seve91; 02-26-2018, 08:28 AM.

Comment

I don't know why either, what ever it is effects both amp ic's correct? as both are turned off.
          What are the voltages on transistor 7261 & 7260 ?

Comment

sorry friend, i've just reassembled it. I give up.
            Too much time wasted, and can't find a solution still.
            Thanks to you for all your kindness and patience, your tips were useful to improve my troubleshooting skills.

Comment

Maybe put it away for a while and come back to it later, sometimes a break is needed and when you look at it another time the answer may come easier. It is likely something simple that is being over looked.
              I also looked at the service manual for the FR975, it is very similar and a lot clearer to read, although the voltages are a bit different (slightly higher for more power) they are very close
              Last edited by R_J; 02-26-2018, 12:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by R_J View Post
                Maybe put it away for a while and come back to it later, sometimes a break is needed and when you look at it another time the answer may come easier. It is likely something simple that is being over looked.
                I also looked at the service manual for the FR975, it is very similar and a lot clearer to read, although the voltages are a bit different (slightly higher for more power) they are very close
                i don't know...maybe you're right.
                For sure I don't have so much experience... I go on with attempts.
                The amplifier is not mine, the owner is a friend.
                If she wants to bin it, then i will take it back.

Comment

Hi everyone, due to Lockdown here in Italy, I decided to disassembly the Philips FR740 again to find out the issue. Hope to fix it this time.

Comment

IC7412 got 2 faulty output. Replaced, now i have 4.9V on AMP LR LINE, but still no sound.
                    On the C of 7309 i have -21V instead of -34.5V, and I have -40V on C of 7304, and I have almost -40V on pin 14 CCC instead of -33.5V (C of 7310).

HST & DC Protection Circuit seems to be good.

Very low voltages on 7909 and 7902.
                    All those transistor have already been replaced.
                    Any advice?

Comment

Fixed! -VPl was missing, found an high resistance on 3901 (should be 47ohm). Replaced and now seems to be working good.

Usually when a resistor is broken, i can see a black spot or something. This one was perfect like new, and i can measure an high resistance instead of the usual open circuit.

Thank you everyone very much for your help!

Comment

Good to here it's working, If that's a fusable type resistor, it might not show that it is bad.

Comment

Working...
                        X