Anyone I.D this chip/have datasheet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone I.D this chip/have datasheet

Hi all, just wondered if anyone had any info/datasheet or knew what this chip does. It's made by NEC and has the number 12233766a (pic attached). I have done the usual googling but came up with nothing .

It is used in a diversity amplifier board from a BMW 3 Series car, the board picks up the RF signal from the remote keyfob and passes the signal to the security module to unlock the doors. I think it's some type of voltage reg or dc-dc chip

Thanks in advance
    Nogger
    Attached Files
    Last edited by nogger; 09-09-2017, 01:33 PM.

Re: Anyone I.D this chip/have datasheet

so it's a 433MHz decoder?

Comment

No, i don't believe it's an RF chip, there are other chips (TDA chips) on the board that i have identified as doing the decoding, this seems to be part of the voltage reg circuitry.
      Nogger

Comment

Customised part number specifically for BMW probably... and I doubt they'll tell you!

I'm going to guess information on these will be very scarce in the interests of security.
        "Tantalum for the brave, Solid Aluminium for the wise, Wet Electrolytic for the adventurous"
        -David VanHorn

Comment

The image i attached was from elektroda.pl as the image i took was out of focus. There's a user on there asking the same question, he calls it a microcontroller. I dont think its a custom number for BMW as the board is full of standard Philips and ST chips, Also on Aliexpress there another image of the chip with Chinese writing across the image but i dont want to buy one, just need the pinout/details of it

Nogger

Comment

Well , at least , it's not a rarity , and it's available :

https://www.jotrin.com/product/parts/12233766A

Comment

Yes, there's lots of Asian suppliers with links to datasheets which turn out to be not links to datasheets

Comment

Not necessarily . Most of the world website suppliers rely exclusively on some few specialized websites for Datasheets , like the powerful "Data4u" and "Alldatasheet" , which , they too , rely on the datasheets released by the components manufacturers . Suppliers websites rarely own Datasheets archives .
                As so , when a datasheet is unavailable , it means the related company didn't release it for public , for different considerations , like for an example Anti-reverse engineering , or a discrete programmable microcontroller , etc. etc...

Comment

Working...
                X