X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello! I'm Jay, nice to be here.

So I've fixed my own iPhones (screens, batteries etc) for years and I recently bought a broken 5C (home button) off eBay and fixed it up for my wife. £75 phone for £30 including parts. I then had this idea that I could do this as a little hobby and make a few quid.

Fast forward a while and I've bought, fixed and sold a few and made a decent coin. I've also ended up with a bunch of iPhones that are more complex than a screen or a battery. Fast forward a bit more and I'm obsessed with microsoldering and figuring these things out. Got a bunch of kit, solder workstation, dc power supply, microscope etc.

So that's where I'm at. What started out as 'maybe make a few quid' has turned into my major hobby.

Dunno if this place is relevant for what I'm doing or not, but maybe some of you guys are solid experts at this stuff and it never hurts to have an extra source of learning.

Peace

Jay

Comment

Hi All, I'm just happy to be here!

Comment

Hello!
        Looking forward to the help of this great community.

Comment

Hello!
          Been reading the forum for a while and since you guys seem extremely knowledgable, I decided to register and ask a couple of TV-related questions.

Comment

Hello All
            My name is Pete from UK. I hope to improve my components level troubleshooting skills, so that one day I may be of help to others.

Comment

Hello everyone I am Spanish and I have a 30 year experience in electronics, I have adapted as I was progressing and I am very grateful for letting me in your forum again thank you very much. I hope I can help in any way I can.
              This is translated by google I hope you understand me well.

Comment

Hi, xtatik here. Self-employed, mid-30s.

Developing custom software from assembly to teach technical independence. Smaller, faster, easier to debug and maintain. Mostly game design topics since it's the fun way to learn complex algorithms and data structures. Also cross-platform (Windows, Linux, Raspibian).

Beyond my project, I do a lot of boring stuff for the money : Python, Lua, C, C#, Delphi, database, website, mobile, desktop, etc... Last but not least, I am impressed by the work you do, and summer in Paris is always great. Why random topics ? Because I can !

Voilà, ;-)

Comment

Hi everyone, i'm from Italy and I hope to learn new skills from this website!
                  Cheers

Comment

Hello! I registered because I'm looking for some help on troubleshooting a board

Comment

Hi my name is Lawrence, way back when I was in the Air Force I was a 304X0, Wideband Communications Tech, I used to do component level repair but I've forgotten almost all of it. I decided to get a couple of TVs that supposedly had lightening damage to fix to use as a gift and for a spare bedroom. Hope I can fix them lol. I appreciate any guidance that I get

Comment

Hi All,
                        Just would like to have access to my asus notebook after that I have forgot the admin pw....
                        Thank you!

Comment

Hi. I'm Jansher Khan. I live India. I'm a Mechanical Engineer. I try learn new things every now and then. Every time I get my hands on any faulty appliances or electronics I try to repair it myself using Google and other sites. That's why I have come here to learn more things.

Thanks

Comment

Hi to everyone
                            I am Mike from switzerland and mostly trying to repair Macbooks

Comment

Hello from Barcelona, Spain

Trying to get a solution for my monitor

Comment

My name is Koko and I love computers... I am here to learn and share my thoughts.. Thanks

Comment

Hello from Raleigh, NC. Attempting to repair LG 42LB5600 TV with backlight problems

Comment

Hello im new here I recently inherited a Polaroid FLM3234B TV, with bad power supply and blown fuse. I am a retired television repairman from 1960-1997 era.
                                    Im looking for ideas and info, needed. Army Veteran - Travis Kirk

Comment

Hello everyone, I'm new here. been using these forums forever, but finally have a question that i cannot find an answer to.

Jess B

Comment

Hi everyone! I'm new! I'm here to get some general tips on repairing my old electronic stuff.

Comment

Hi all, I am Erik from Denmark (originally from Sweden). Doing some amature repairs and building hardware. Nice to be here.

Comment

Working...
                                          X