Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Asus F3SV motherboard

Hi everyone,
    I was given this Asus laptop that was totally dead, so opened up to find a burnt chip, so decided to de solder it. Well as you'll see in the pictures the job didn't go too well as the chip disintegrated while I was removing the solder with the pump and then I noticed that the copper laminate had lifted so stopped since I do not have a replacement part anyway.

Seeing the way things are I thought it would be best to get a second opinion before going any further because a new part is not going to be an easy placement with the board in this condition and will not even work.

I downloaded the service manual to try and understand what this part does with its adjacent partner which I think is the same part on page 88 of the manual part number SI4431BDY? What I was hoping to soldered only 2 legs in position to revive the board, again there could be something else wrong that caused this part to blow the first place since the cooling system is full of muck and possible over heated the video chip!

Any feedback would appreciated even if means junking the board in the end although it still not bad little machine if I can get to work again.

Thanks
    Attached Files

Re: Asus F3SV motherboard

Right, with board viewer I was able to identify the part number and what its function is, I have attached the pdf incase anyone is interested. I suspect the diode between these 2 chips is also burnt so will replace.

Next part is to solder Si4800BDY so as the D G & S Pins make contact with relevant lines
    Attached Files

Comment

Re: Asus F3SV motherboard

Asus F3SV REV 2.3 BoardView necessary.Anyone in the archive?

Comment

Working...
      X