Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wich power supply to find a short circuit on the mobo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wich power supply to find a short circuit on the mobo?

Hello

I'm not sure if the right section but i'm looking to find a good power supply to find some short circuit .

Like the one where green led power supply / cord of the laptop turn off you see what i'm talking about right

I need one also with no spike like if i select one volt i don't want a spike of 6 volts going to the cpu ...

Any advise i live in france .

Thanks
    Last edited by Kiop; 03-17-2019, 04:53 AM.

Re: Wich power supply to find a short circuit on the mobo?

There are a lot of models you can buy from eBay 30V 5/10A
    https://www.ebay.fr/itm/DC-Power-Sup...item1a588a4160

Comment

A lot of the cheap ones do have a power spike at power on,so connect the load afterwards.
      All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Yes i know it's why I prefer to spend a little more and be safe like if i have to inject a voltage in the CPu V-core ... of a macbook .

Comment

DPS5015, DPS3012 ...

these DPS is my favourite. i never buy any other PSU

Comment

I'm using DPS8005 on a 80V 5A "LED power supply". I like it, but it's a DIY solution where you have to do you own wiring and chassis for it (not that hard but not as easy and usable out of the box as those "Lab PSU").
            I also have a DPS5015 and a 50V 15A "LED power supply", I don't use it as I still didn't take the time to put it in the same box as the other.
            It has a small overshoot but I didn't try to measure it and it hasn't been an issue for me for now.
            OpenBoardView — https://github.com/OpenBoardView/OpenBoardView

Comment

Working...
            X