Panasonic 50CX680 Tcon board fix need help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Panasonic 50CX680 Tcon board fix need help

So basically I was at work one day when the missus said the TV was on then all of a sudden went black and she still had sound.

The TV is an LCD and so the backlight was fine. When I initially dismantled the TV I dismantled the front screen before realising it doesnt have LEDs. My fault for assuming. Anyway I suspected it was the Tcon board.

So today a new Tcon board arrived and away I went and changed it. When it first booted up I got a picture looked fine, happy days. Then it went to some vertical lines before disappearing but then the picture came back albeit being very dull and not looking great.

Could this just be a case of ribbons not sat perfectly now and require a bit of cleaning? I've attached some photos to give you better picture of what I mean.

I've got a picture so that's a start. Just getting it too look right now.
    Attached Files

Re: Panasonic 50CX680 Tcon board fix need help

I can't seem to edit this post on my phone. However an update it's now just gone black

Comment

So the standby light on the front didn't/doesn't blink or anything?

Comment

On the TCon check fuse FP1 on both sides for voltages.

Comment

Originally posted by nomoresonys View Post
          So the standby light on the front didn't/doesn't blink or anything?
          All of that works, you hear sound when you turn it on and get a very distorted picture or black at tines.

@capleaker I will give that a try.

Comment

It's a panasonic, sometimes you get a blink code, the question was, DOES the standby light on the front blink??

Comment

sounds like tab bonds or a bad driver. Disconnect only one side of the TCon and see what happens to the screen.

Comment

Hi guys, just got back from work and now trying your suggestions.

Originally posted by CapLeaker View Post
                On the TCon check fuse FP1 on both sides for voltages.
                I checked both sides of this fuse and got a solid 12v DC

Originally posted by nomoresonys View Post
                It's a panasonic, sometimes you get a blink code, the question was, DOES the standby light on the front blink??
                When i plug the power in I get a red standby light which flashes one then lets say around 5secs later goes to Orange standby light.

sounds like tab bonds or a bad driver. Disconnect only one side of the TCon and see what happens to the screen.
                Should I do this when its turned on or off?

Edit: I powered it off before disconnecting each ribbon cable. Anyway first picture is before. Second is left tcon (as looking at back) disconnected then third is right tcon.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Maceyp; 03-12-2019, 10:40 AM. Reason: Adding pictures

Comment

check your ribbon cable under loop if there any one of Golden pin broken or moved aside

Comment

Originally posted by Diah View Post
                    check your ribbon cable under loop if there any one of Golden pin broken or moved aside
                    Are you on about the tabs at the bottom of the driver or ribbon cables from Tcon to drivers or board to Tcon?

Comment

he means the pins on the tcon. Could be that, could be a bad cable, could be a few things. look at the bottom of the LCD at the tab bonds for water damage.

Comment

your two picture of the disconnected cables appear to show an issue somewhere with the bottom edge boards... based on the "one" vertical line on the side that is disconnected. Its hard for the tcon to cause this line since the cable to the tcon has been disconnected. When you did your first "tear down", how much of the set did you "tear down"?

Comment

Originally posted by budwich View Post
                          your two picture of the disconnected cables appear to show an issue somewhere with the bottom edge boards... based on the "one" vertical line on the side that is disconnected. Its hard for the tcon to cause this line since the cable to the tcon has been disconnected. When you did your first "tear down", how much of the set did you "tear down"?
                          I never took the bottom drivers out, however I did take all the front screen filters and bezel off when I was looking for backlight that didn't exist. 🤔😵

Comment

Originally posted by budwich View Post
                            he means the pins on the tcon. Could be that, could be a bad cable, could be a few things. look at the bottom of the LCD at the tab bonds for water damage.
                            Originally posted by Diah View Post
                            Ok guys. I've taken the shield off both drivers to have a good inspection of them. They don't seem to have suffered any water damage. To me it looks ok but your eyes might notice something different. The pins into drivers looked ok also. I might take the bezel off again incase I trapped some tabs when putting it back together a while ago.
                            Attached Files

Comment

One thing I have noticed is that on left side (back of TV) all the silver caps as such are all grey / black on top. Where as the ones on the right are yellowish/silver.

Comment

Underneath the tab bonds, some areas of them look black on the picture. Picture 3 the middle two tabs.

Comment

With TV off, plug both white ribbon cables into the TCONN board and the Panel. Check all connections to see if they are straight and tight.

Turn TV on, and feel each gold flex cable GENTLY with your finger tip for excess heat from one of the COF (chip-on-flex) ICs integrated into the gold panel ribbon flex cables... I wonder if one of these ICs has burnt out.

Comment

Thanks for the advice I currently have the screen off and looking.

I should've mentioned that the original Tcon board had black signal only. So I just bought a Tcon board of eBay. When I first put it in everything was perfect like I had a new TV. Then that's when it started to get worse with 20mins again and go to how I've shown in pictures. Could something else be causing the Tcon board to fuck up?

Comment

Originally posted by Unspun01 View Post
                                      With TV off, plug both white ribbon cables into the TCONN board and the Panel. Check all connections to see if they are straight and tight.

Turn TV on, and feel each gold flex cable GENTLY with your finger tip for excess heat from one of the COF (chip-on-flex) ICs integrated into the gold panel ribbon flex cables... I wonder if one of these ICs has burnt out.
                                      The first one on the right. Directly under the ribbon is considerably hotter than the others
                                      Last edited by Maceyp; 03-13-2019, 03:39 PM.

Comment

Yep bad COF.

Comment

Working...
                                        X