X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello from Austria!

I'm working as SW Developer and electronics is my hobby. I repaired many things and broke even more.

Comment

Hey, not an electronics person, using the forums to understand & help with my personal projects.

Comment

Hi,
        Joined in 2017. Thanks for all the help.
        Associates in Electronics. Journeyman Tool and Die Maker.
        Always fixing something....

Comment

Hi, my name is Rodney, I'm a Telecom Engineer, and I want to learn more about badcaps. I look forward to new discoveries and fixes to hardware that previously would throw away. looks like there's hope in fixing/repairing some of these more "expensive" pieces.

Comment

Hello, im 27 years old currently living on madeira island, and a true master is an eternal student, so here i am to learn more from electronics and monitors

Comment

Hi all, I'm 30 YO.
              One of my laptop BIOS just went bad so I am looking for BIOS dumb.
              Some youtuber said I could find one here. So I am here.

Comment

Hey, electronics person,
                using the forums to understand
                help with my personal projects.

Comment

Hi all,
                  I am Anthony and have been working with computers since 1985
                  and am now 64 yo. Yup an "old fart".
                  Still self employed fixing pc's, macs and other items that come over
                  the counter.
                  One thing I have learned is "you never know what you don't know
                  until you know it!".
                  I am here to learn and hope to ask not too many stupid questions.

TIA

Comment

Hallo

Comment

Hello all,
                      I'm an electrical engineering student and I would like to apply my theoretical knowledge into something practical, like doing a repair that I've never done before. Repairing a TV for example. It would be an interesting learning experience.
                      Maybe we see each other in the forums

Comment

Hi folks. Found this site while searching for info needed to repair a MacBook Air for a friend. I've had an interest in electronics since my 20's. That was 40 some odd years ago. I've had no formal training so most of my expertise is hit and miss, replace things til it works. And along the way, I learn a little something. My first computer was a Heathkit H89 and from that point I was hooked. Hopefully, I can learn some things from you guys.

Comment

Hi everybody

Comment

Hello! I collect machines of all kinds and always fix my own stuff. I came to learn and maybe to teach a little.

Comment

G'day from Aus. Have a few TVs that need attention and found this forum to be a great community!

Comment

Hi all..I'm a retired utility engineer. Took up troubleshooting as a hobby after designing power substations and transmission lines(40 Years). I enjoy the challenge of figuring out how things work especially as it relates to automobile electronics (I guess in my blood from earlier training/job in the US Army back when I was young...lol). Looking forward to learning and hopefully sharing about laptop comuters, etc.

Comment

Hello everybody,

Here my little background ( Male, DOB:1974, From Hong Kong)
                                  - Like the electronics trouble-shooting and IoT Projects.
                                  - worked in electronics company for Digital Camera, Router, Wireless, Audio , computer related products design and manufacturing.
                                  - Have Circuit Design experience and PCB Layout Skills.
                                  - Have the software programming skills
                                  - Owned the some web-stores for selling the electronics parts and audio power amplifiers.
                                  - excellent the components sourcing channels from Hong Kong and China with best price.

Comment

Hello everyone.

I original got into personal computers through kits in the early 70s and moved up to CP/M when Z80 based machines became available. Finally ending up in the computer repair biz in the early 80s. That brought me fully into the early world of Macs, PCs and clones. 2 of the shops I worked for were at the time, well known national chains selling everything from Apple II to the latest and then greatest Macs, DOS and even CP/M systems as well as the early Windows platforms. Saw the arrival of the first CD-ROM drives and even clunkier CD burners.

In my current job, I do system and printer repairs. Some board level repairs. Software support and a lot of malware and virus cleanups. And for better or worse, manage the day to day operations of the shop.

I'm relatively new to smb reworking but have done quite a bit of board level repairs over the years when the components weren't so tiny Today I have an AmScope microscope on my bench, hot air, standard and micro soldering station as well. I'm by no means an expert but enjoy the challenge these ever smaller components bring.

Comment

Hello everyone I'm Biagio and I have been working in IT for 20 years, I'm specialized in electronic repairs. I hope that in this forum I can find answers to the problems that I post. Thank you and greetings

Comment

Originally posted by RobertKing View Post

I'm relatively new to smb reworking but have done quite a bit of board level repairs over the years when the components weren't so tiny Today I have an AmScope microscope on my bench, hot air, standard and micro soldering station as well. I'm by no means an expert but enjoy the challenge these ever smaller components bring.
                                        Today, it's like the components were made for deer mice to work on. And deer mice holding the soldering iron with their tiny paws and feet!
                                        ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

16 GB AData XPG Spectrix D41

Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 6750 XT

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Western Digital Black SN850 1TB NVMe SSD

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

"¡Me encanta "Me Encanta o Enlistarlo con Hilary Farr!" -Mí mismo

"There's nothing more unattractive than a chick smoking a cigarette" -Topcat

"Today's lesson in pissivity comes in the form of a ziplock baggie full of GPU extension brackets & hardware that for the last ~3 years have been on my bench, always in my way, getting moved around constantly....and yesterday I found myself in need of them....and the bastards are now nowhere to be found! Motherfracker!!" -Topcat

"did I see a chair fly? I think I did! Time for popcorn!" -ratdude747

Comment

Hi everyone.

I have been tinkering with PCs since I was 8 year old, I am beginner when it comes to fixing electronic parts since I usually replaced broken part instead of fixing it.

Comment

Working...
                                          X