Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samwha WB 3300uf 10V Replacemnet

Hello everyone!

Newbie here. My LG 42PG25 Plasma TV conked out on me this last night so I spent a few hours doing research until midnight. The blue power light comes on in front, it flashes for 15 seconds, then stays lit but with no audio or video. Normally it would only take 5-7 seconds before the picture came on. There is a light buzzing sound on the left side of the TV looking from the back.

My quick research suggests it might be a capacitor problem and low and behold I found a Samwha WB 3300uf 10V capacitor blown with a swollen top complete with burnt mark. I forgot to take a picture but think it might be C305 on the EAY58665401 (PSPU-J807A) power board.

I've read a lot of information on this site about poor quality Samwha WB capacitors and bad 2005-2011 LG TVs, but I could not find out what is a good replacement for this capacitor. Does anyone have suggestions?

I'm the type of person who needs to know why things happen and am doing this as a hobby. My wife says go buy a new TV.

Any input would be much appreciated.

B.

Re: Samwha WB 3300uf 10V Replacemnet

ESR is 0.018 and ripple is 2770mA at 100Khz.
    It is a 12.5x25mm low impedance capacitor so you have lots of choices.

I would suggest Nichicon UHW or Panasonic FM
    Last edited by Per Hansson; 12-02-2017, 04:25 AM.
    "The one who says it cannot be done should never interrupt the one who is doing it."

Comment

Thanks Per Hansson!

I've found the following on E-Bay from 77electronic:

1) NCC KZE with identical Samwha WB specs: 12.5x25, 0.018, 2770. Is NCC affiliated with Samwha? 10 pcs for $8.49 USD

2) Rubycon ZLH 12.5x20, 0.017, 2480. 10 pcs for $8.49 USD

What the general rule of thumb when looking for alternatives? Lower impedance and higher ripple?

Can I buy good quality caps from reputable dealers on this sight?

B.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackhawks View Post
        Can I buy good quality caps from reputable dealers on this sight?

B.
        99.9% of the caps on eBay are fake (rebranded garbage brands).
        When looking for replacements higher ripple is always good.
        But some circuits can go mad with ESR that differs too much from the originals.
        So I'd just try to match it as closely as possible (within reason).
        "The one who says it cannot be done should never interrupt the one who is doing it."

Comment

Working...
        X