Thanks.

Re: hp w2207h - died

Originally posted by lastknight1518
    Hi everybody!
    I have a HP w2207h 22" LCD monitor that has died and i need the service and
    schematic diagram.
    Can someone help me, please !
    Thanks.
    Service manual? We don't need no stinking service manual!

Seriously, if you can cross reference it to the manufacturer's (probably Benq) equivalent model you might have a chance. Otherwise, open it up, take pictures, and post a description of the problem with the pictures (Read 'Inserting pictures in your post' in the FAQ.)

PlainBill
    For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

Thank you for the reply.

Comment

Sadly enough, I haven't a good camera to take a photo!
        If someone could provide me with the link to download the service manual
        (even that of the w1907 model should be fine), I really appreciate it !

Comment

any one have any thing on this screen? i have one that will stay on for like 1 1/2 hrs
          then say no input single then shut down back lights. i do find that the Schottky Barrier rectifier diode('s) are getting hot. could this be what is shutting down inveter? after shut down first time will shut down in 3 sec. every time restarted untill cooled down.

Thanks
          Last edited by Mark369; 05-01-2011, 10:39 PM. Reason: added comment.

Comment

Would look very closely at the Inverter output side,for poor solder joints.In fact I would resolder ,as a first step,from the inverter transformers to the lamp sockets,and see if the problem persists.

Comment

Originally posted by Rtech View Post
              Would look very closely at the Inverter output side,for poor solder joints.In fact I would resolder ,as a first step,from the inverter transformers to the lamp sockets,and see if the problem persists.
              I would also suspect a wiring problem where the white return wires are soldered to the CCFLs,
              To test I usually I use at least 2 good CCFLs at a time, let it run and see if the CCFLs stay on.
              Whatever I do, I consider it a success, if in the end I am breathing, seeing, feeling and hearing!

Comment

here are some pic's of the power/inverter board.

the schottky diode attached to the big heat sink get hot.
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Mark369 View Post
                  here are some pic's of the power/inverter board.

the schottky diode attached to the big heat sink get hot.
                  Please confirm something for me. You say the monitor is operating normally, connected to a working computer. After about 1.5 hours it displays 'No Input Signal', the after a few seconds the power LED goes orange and the backlights turn off. Is that correct?

If so, the problem is more likely to be on the signal (logic) card. I would suspect a voltage regulator.

PlainBill
                  For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

no the power light stays when the back light goes out. some times i can press the menu key and it well turn on for 3 sec then turn back off agan saying no input signal

do you think that the logic card is stop sending power on singal?
                    Last edited by Mark369; 05-03-2011, 04:35 AM.

Comment

no the power light stays when the back light goes out. some times i can press the menu key and it well turn on for 3 sec then turn back off agan saying no input signal

do you think that the logic card is stop sending power on singal?
                      By your description, it appears this IS 'two seconds to black', although the information you give may be contradictory. You can verify the BL_ON signal from the signal card to the power supply / inverter stays on (high). It is unusual for the 'No Input Signal' message to come up when the monitor is hooked to a computer.

PlainBill

Comment

Originally posted by PlainBill View Post
                        By your description, it appears this IS 'two seconds to black', although the information you give may be contradictory. You can verify the BL_ON signal from the signal card to the power supply / inverter stays on (high). It is unusual for the 'No Input Signal' message to come up when the monitor is hooked to a computer.

PlainBill
                        PlainBill, that was a good observation about the monitor shutting off,For some reason I interpreted the possibility that the monitor may have been going into the sleep mode after the 1.5 hours, and then going into a 2 second to black problem on the next attempt to power on.
                        Anyway I would suggest to make sure the computer is set to not allow the monitor to go into the sleep mode when testing is done.
                        Whatever I do, I consider it a success, if in the end I am breathing, seeing, feeling and hearing!

Comment

Originally posted by alexanna View Post
                          PlainBill, that was a good observation about the monitor shutting off,For some reason I interpreted the possibility that the monitor may have been going into the sleep mode after the 1.5 hours, and then going into a 2 second to black problem on the next attempt to power on.
                          Anyway I would suggest to make sure the computer is set to not allow the monitor to go into the sleep mode when testing is done.
                          Darn!!! I hadn't thought of that interpretation, but it makes sense.

PlainBill

Comment

it is not going to sleep i know this becasue i have it set up with 2 monitors

Comment

it is not going to sleep i know this becasue i have it set up with 2 monitors
                              Enough!!! Let's get this straight before the top of my head blows off!!

Lower left corner of the second picture is the cable linking the power supply / inverter to the signal card. Just above the connector is a legend identifying the pins. What does that say?

PlainBill

Comment

thanks bill i check the volts on the on/off pin from signal card when it is on and off and see what i get. it is pin 8

Comment

i replaced some caps and found that one of the bottom backlights are starting a pink and then shuting down inverter checked with a 17" ccfl. could i use a 200k resistor 1/4 watt?

Comment

i replaced some caps and found that one of the bottom backlights are starting a pink and then shuting down inverter checked with a 17" ccfl. could i use a 200k resistor 1/4 watt?
                                    Well, we are approaching the 4th of July, that resistor should make some serious fireworks. Especially if it's not a flameproof one.

It is far better to replace the CCFL.

PlainBill

Comment

I just order 4 new CCFLs from CCFLwarehouse total cost 38.49 with shipping.

do you know where to get cheeper ones for future, I live in hamilton ontario canada.

Thanks

Comment

I just order 4 new CCFLs from CCFLwarehouse total cost 38.49 with shipping.

do you know where to get cheeper ones for future, I live in hamilton ontario canada.

Thanks
                                        Good move.

No, I don't. The cost of a single CCFL isn't unreasonable, but by the time you buy 4 of them, it only makes sense for a large monitor.

PlainBill

Comment

Working...
                                        X